+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Happening (2008)

Re: The Happening (2008)

Thank goodness I read your reviews before paying $11 a ticket to go and see this! I'll pick it up on DVD which by the sound of it will be out really soon...
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3066412;
    Thank goodness I read your reviews before paying $11 a ticket to go and see this! I'll pick it up on DVD which by the sound of it will be out really soon...
    I wouldn't even waste the price of a rental on that movie!
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

I think M. Night really should stop writing his own movies and doing it all. Why do people keep throwing all that money at him to make these movies? Do they think "maybe THIS one is the next Sixth Sense"? Does he have a big ego (like The Lady in the Water would imply) and doesn't think anything is wrong? The writing really was just amateurish--someone else really needs to do it or at least screen them better.

haha I think Im the only one in the country that liked this movie, and that shocks me cause I havent liked any other of M. Nights movies, I went with my friend who loves ALL of them, and he hated it haha
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3055352;
    I read where he is not happy that he is becoming known for his surprise, unusual endings so he wants to try to do something different. I know I love him because of his character development AND his endings! And I love his Hitchcock-like (didn't want to say 'Hitchcockian' ) appearances in his movies. I just hope he doesn't decided to start switching things up everytime he makes a film. He's wonderful just the way he is/was.
    Well, word is that he will direct the live-action Avatar: The Last Airbender movie.

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3092783;
    Well, word is that he will direct the live-action Avatar: The Last Airbender movie.
    Avatar does not deserve M Night. He will destroy that franchise.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What genre of movie is this Avatar movie?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

M Night should leave Avatar alone. He will only mess it up royally!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3095777;
    What genre of movie is this Avatar movie?
    Avatar, the Last Airbender is a American cartoon athat very much looks like a Japanese anime. It runs on Nickelodeon (sp?). It is basically about a world that is in balance and that the people there have the ability to bend (command) either earth, air, water or fire. The Avatar can command all 4 elements. About a 100 yrs ago the Fire Nation started a war to conquer the world. At that time the Avatar was to be an Airbender and the Fire Nation wiped out that particular tribe. Therefore there has been no Avatar for a 100 yrs and the Fire Nation is poised on the threshold of conquering the world. But a sister and brother from the Water Tribe find the body of the lost Avatar frozen in an iceberg and are able to release him and the story starts. Its a very good story with great character developement and lots of story arcs.

Nickelodeon is planning to make a live action version with M. Night as the director. Believe me a lot of fans are very unhappy with the choice.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh well....doesn't seem like my kind of entertainment, anyway.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast