+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 must watch movies

2008 must watch movies

Hey what do you think are some good movies that you can't miss? I have found an article talk about the top three movies:
    What are some must watch DVDs?
    Personally I agree with that.

Re: 2008 must watch movies

I'm probably alone on this one, but I can't wait for High School Musical 3: Senior Year I love HSM.
    2003-2008.

Camp Rock (Jonas Brothers) premieres tomorrow night. I have been instructed to change my planned errands because my kiddo wants to have a popcorn party and watch the movie.

Kiddo is over the moon excited about HSM:3. We saw a life sized cardboard cutout of the cast at the movie theater last weekend and she just about fainted. I think Oct 10th is imprinted in her memory now.
    It kind of stinks that they have decided to put this last installment of the triology in cinemas - it's going to take so much longer to come out on DVD.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

LOL I want to see Camp Rock. Yep, me! Not the child in my house but me because I love the cheesy campy stuff and will be giggling madly the cornier it gets.

Get Smart is top of my list right now of movies I want to see. The previews look funny and I'm a huge Dwayne Johnson fan especially when he is playing the straight man in a comedy.

I can't wait to see Get Smart either! I love Steve Carrel (sp) Anne Hathaway (Princess Diaries rock!) and The Rock. (Game Plan is in the DVD player as we sit). I remember the original series. It should be fun!

Camp Rock --- stunk. What a waste of time. I actually didn't mind the three main girls but every time any of the Jonas Brothers came on? The movie took a sharp dive south, especially when the oldest and the youngest were around. The oldest is 20! and it just rubbed me the wrong way watching him whine and act the way he did every time he was in an annoying scene with the youngest who is 15. He was acting 15. The middle brother is 18 and sort of acted his age but his acting was dreadful and he was the lead. Gah. Disney can make singers out of actors but it CANNOT make actors out of singers.

Anyways, not a movie I would recommend to anybody and if one of your children ask you to watch it with them? Tell them you have to wash the dog, even if you don't have one. LOL.

There is a 7 minute clip of Get Smart available for free over at iTunes. It's AWESOME! My love of all things Anne Hathaway has reached new heights. Can't wait to see the movie.

Camp Rock was full of crap I try to keep my kid away from.
    lying
    whining
    peer pressure
    snobishness

Thankfully my daughter recognized all of the bad behaviours. The spoiled rock star, the elitest blond girl (Tess), the lying main character. I know everything gets resolved in the end but it took a lot of explaining during the 90 mins that it was on.
    The musical numbers are great.

How old is your daughter? I just watched "The Circuit" on ABC Family and it has a couple of adult scenes (hinted at sexual scenes but not much shown) but over all it was a very good movie. Billy Campbell, Drew Fuller, and Michelle Tractenburg (yeah, I butchered that spelling). I'm sure you can catch it on rerun.

I'd put that show on a must watch movie list for both adults and pre-teens. The ending was very rushed but the story and the acting was very good and it made me want to watch the movie as a tv series or a sequel.

sorry Harmony I just saw your post. My kiddo is 8 going on 25 I'll be sure to look into that movie, thanks for the reccomendation

Hellboy II! Whee hee, I am so looking forward this is, and have been looking forward to since I saw the original Hellboy. Guillermo del Toro is a fantastic writer and director, and the cast is phenomenal. Going this weekend! Woo hoo.

(Can you tell how giddy with excitement I am? )

ETA: The early ratings on Rottentomatoes puts it at 94% positive - I'm more excited than ever.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast