+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Panda

Kung Fu Panda

It's the story about a lazy, irreverent slacker panda, named Po, who is the biggest fan of Kung Fu around...which doesn't exactly come in handy while working every day in his family's noodle shop. Unexpectedly chosen to fulfill an ancient prophecy, Po's dreams become reality when he joins the world of Kung Fu and studies alongside his idols, the legendary Furious Five -- Tigress, Crane, Mantis, Viper and Monkey -- under the leadership of their guru, Master Shifu.

My kiddo has been begging us for weeks to take her to see this. The movie doesn't even open until this weekend!
    I'm kind of looking forward to it too, Jack Black is hiliarious (minus Nacho Libre)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Re: Kung Fu Panda

My daughter can't wait to see it, either.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I can't stand Jack Black and yet I want to see this movie. Looks like a lot of fun.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

My daughter is excited about this also. We don't do movies in the theater much, but I think we might go to this one!

My 5 year old son is BEGGING to see this movie. Every time we go to the store and he sees anything that shows the characters? He will start asking me to rent it and I have to explain...once again...that its not even in the theaters yet so we can't rent it. He's very into Power Rangers and the Transformer cartoons and all he sees is animals doing karate moves and that's so "cool".

If anybody sees it, please let me know if its appropriate for a 5 year old. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3036378;
    If anybody sees it, please let me know if its appropriate for a 5 year old. Thanks!
    I would appreciate that viewpoint also. My daughter is just 3, and I didn't realize until last night that this movie is rated PG. She has been running around doing her own karate moves (with sound effects) and telling me she is Kung Fu Panda. It is funny because she is such a girly-girl - I think this is the influence of her three older brothers

I'll be seeing this at our local IMAX on Saturday morning. I'll have an 8 year old and my girlfriend will have her 7 year old, so we'll try to make a good determination for you.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

I can't wait to see this, the child doesn't even know she's going yet.. we'll probably see it Friday night.

About the PG-rating, I did a quick check on IMDB to see the Parent Guide for this movie, and although the parent-reviewer input isn't up yet (I thought they were pre-viewed???) the site mentions that the PG rating is due to the martial arts fighting scenes.

I don't mind that at all, I DID mind all the teenagery/smutty stuff in Aquamarine, which she loved, but doesn't want to watch again due to "all the boring" in between the "mermaidy" parts... thankfully.... I put in the pile to sell...
    Could does not mean should

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3037840;
    I would appreciate that viewpoint also. My daughter is just 3, and I didn't realize until last night that this movie is rated PG. She has been running around doing her own karate moves (with sound effects) and telling me she is Kung Fu Panda. It is funny because she is such a girly-girl - I think this is the influence of her three older brothers
    Hey, give that girl karate lessons! Very handy skill for a girly-girl...and I wish I could put a smiley face next to that statement!

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27;3038003;
    I don't mind that at all, I DID mind all the teenagery/smutty stuff in Aquamarine, which she loved, but doesn't want to watch again due to "all the boring" in between the "mermaidy" parts... thankfully.... I put in the pile to sell...
    ACK! I'll buy it, my 8 yr old loved the girl trio and she sees it as more of a 'friend' movie than the teen stuff. She ewwwws at the kissing. She also seems to have a good sense of justice, she cheers when the bad girl looses.

If my kiddo is well behaved this whole week we are going to take her to see it this weekend.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast