+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chronicles of Narnia--Prince Caspian

Chronicles of Narnia--Prince Caspian

Am I the only one exicted about this movie and its release...I can't wait to see how this story continues on the big screen...One of the few that did justice to fantasy in the frist film
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Re: Chronicles of Narnia--Prince Caspian

I had no interest in the first one, just not my thing but I've been seeing a lot of previews of the second one and a lot of behind the scenes kind of stuff and its made me want to rent the first one and then watch the second so that's a good thing. Normally the sequel captures my interest even less!

You'll have to let us know what you think and review it since I will have to wait till it comes out on DVD to see it (small child that I won't subject other movie goers to)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow, this just got totally, and I mean totally, panned by my local paper. Boring, wooden, etc., etc., plus a lot of controversy about whether the prince should have kissed the girl.

Yahoo has a review up where they talk about it being better, funnier, more special effects, everything than the previous one but that it is no longer suited for small children because it also became more violent with prolonged fight scenes. Overall? They really liked it just issued a warning against taking anything but a pre-teen to it.
    More is more in "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian," the follow-up to the 2005 fantasy hit "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe." It's simultaneously darker and funnier, more substantive and more engaging, more violent and more technically accomplished.
    Just go to Yahoo Movies to read the rest of the review.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 05-16-2008 at 04:44 PM.

My family is a big fan of the books and my kids have decided from trailers and articles that the plot and characters have been changed too much to spend the big bucks to see it. We're hoping it makes it to the cheap theatre during the summer.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

My 8 year old nephew and I absolutely loved it. Just as engaging as the first even though yes, a bit darker. Neither of us have read the books, however, so I cannot speak for just how different it is nor towards whether one spoils the other. The major battle scene at the end is pretty exciting and interesting in how they accomplish
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the collapse of the ground by destroying the underground castle pillars

Jordan just felt the ending was a little sad. For me... I'm going to have to incorporate "dear little friend" into my vocabulary.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fanatic

We just saw it and loved it. They did ok in keeping with the book just a few minor quirky changes that are ok for a movie version and understandable. But on the whole it was really good for book lovers. DLF definately a phrase to put into use. Caspian is dreamy for sure. The kiss isn't in the book but I was happy to see someone kiss that boy!

I'm not really interested although I will probably wind up renting it at some point. The first one was just okay for me. I much prefer the Tolkien's Lord of the Rings and the Pullman's Dark Materials stories to C.S. Lewis' Narnia Chronicles.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

This one is much better imo than the first. It is better in the production aspect. Sort of reminds me of how the first Harry Potters were shot sort of clean and shiny. The animals were cute and everything was really geared more for children. This version like the later Harry Potters is darker and grittier. The animals aren't cute and everything has a more real feel to it.

The whole book is basically a battle and gearing up for one so keep that in mind when seeing the movie. There are a lot less sweet animal talking scenes and more dialogue and grit in this one.

Although the mice are cute.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast