+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chronicles of Narnia--Prince Caspian

CCL

Re: Chronicles of Narnia--Prince Caspian

The movie was okay, not great. I thought the first was better than the second. It was long, and felt it. And Caspian's Eurotrash accent was weird - it kept pulling me out of the story to wonder about what exactly kind of accent he was going for.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Ben Barnes is actually British.... so that accent was his.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3010626;
    Ben Barnes is actually British.... so that accent was his.
    I know he's British but his accent in the film didn't sound British. It sounded like some sort of German-Spanish hybrid.
    Last edited by CCL; 05-20-2008 at 08:44 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fanatic

I think it was supposed to be some sort of Telmarine the race of people who took over Narnia. It was sort of a made up accent obviously. I didn't mind it too much.

I saw this today and I thought that it was fairly good, not better than the first one mind you. Certainly well worth seeing on the big screen and it did include enough details from the book to satisfy me.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Saw this on Monday with my hubby and I loved it. I was only mildly disappointed with 2 very minor things. I kind of wish we would've seen more of Aslan, for 1. And the other was what Aslan said at the end about the older 2. I'll spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he said that Peter and Susan would not be returning to Narnia anymore but that Edmund and Lucy would. I find that a little disappointing. When I think of the Narnia movies, I kind of expect to see all the Penvencie children. I'm wondering if this means that we won't be seeing the older 2 at all in the next one.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Nilesgirl, I hate to break it to you, but in the books, Peter and Susan only both turn up again in The Horse and His Boy, and then briefly. In fact, some books don't involve any Pevensies. If they're filming all seven books in order, the next one would be Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and no, Peter and Susan aren't in it. Since the books are 50-some years old, I don't think it's a spoiler.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

They are listed in the credits on IMDB for Voyage, but that could be for flashbacks, or an intro to explain why Edmund and Lucy are with their cousin. And Lucy sees a vision of Susan in one of their adventures.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

FORT Fanatic

There is a movie magazine out that confirms that the two older children will not be in the next movie Voyage of the Dawn Treader. They are not in the books. The cousin is a pain in the books and he ends up in Narnia with them. In the Silver Chair it is the cousin and another girl who go back to Narnia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3027494;
    There is a movie magazine out that confirms that the two older children will not be in the next movie Voyage of the Dawn Treader. They are not in the books. The cousin is a pain in the books and he ends up in Narnia with them. In the Silver Chair it is the cousin and another girl who go back to Narnia.
    So I take it the next two moves are a go??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast