+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Indiana Jones Event at Sci Fi

Indiana Jones Event at Sci Fi

In anticipation of the new movie, Sci Fi will be running all the movies on the weekend of May 17-18 and a documentary special related to the new movie. The air dates will be:

Raiders of the Lost Ark airs Saturday, May 17 @ 4PM (encore Sunday, May 18 @ 1PM)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom airs Saturday May 17 at 6:30PM (encore May 18 @ 3:30PM)

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade airs Saturday, May 17 @ 9:00pm (encore Sunday, May18 @ 6:00PM)

Mystery of the Crystal Skulls airs Sunday, May18 @ 9:00PM.

I had a chance to see "Mystery of the Crystal Skulls" hosted by Lester Holt. It was thought-provoking, with hints of a world-wide cataclysm in the year 2012. I admit I'm a bit of a skeptic, but you'll have to watch and see if you find it convincing.

The special gives viewers an insider’s look at the real treasure of Indiana Jones’ newest adventure.

Mystery of the Crystal Skulls explores the true history of the legendary relics, unearthing the myths, legends and controversies that surround them. Could the skulls be ancient Mayan prophecies of doom or relics from the Lost City of Atlantis? Or do they, as some believe, store the vast knowledge of a highly advanced extraterrestrial civilization. To try to answer these questions, Sci Fi has launched an unprecedented expedition into the jungles of Belize to track down the missing skulls. It’s a quest worthy of Indiana Jones himself and one that tries to unlock the knowledge about humanity’s imminent destiny.

Lester Holt follows in the footsteps of British explorer and adventurer Frederick Mitchell-Hedges, an inspiration for the fictional Indiana Jones character, whose daughter discovered the first ancient crystal skull in the 1920s in the Mayan ruin of Lubaantun. Bill Homann, a modern-day adventurer and caretaker of the Mitchell-Hedges’ skull, joins Lester on the quest that takes them through the treacherous jungles of Belize and in the rough waters off the Honduran coast. Together, with clues that Homann obtained from Mitchell-Hedges’ daughter and local Mayans, they go in search of another missing skull while surviving bat-ridden caves and alligator infested rivers. Along the way, they come across amazing discoveries including a hidden Mayan temple that could house more treasures.

Granted access to newly performed lab tests on several skulls, the show will examine the results to unlock these mysteries and find out how these skulls could have been made and what powers they may possess. The special, shot in HD, is produced by NBC’s Peacock Productions in association with SCI FI.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Re: Indiana Jones Event at Sci Fi

TNT has been running all 3 Indiana Jones movies on Saturday and Sunday already.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

MRD

I set my TIVO. I can't b elieve my daughter has never seen these movies. She never cared about them until seeing the trailer for the newest one, so we are going to watch all 3 next weekend.

I remember WELL when the first one came out. I think I saw it 3 times in the theater. It captivated the entire nation.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2987718;
    TNT has been running all 3 Indiana Jones movies on Saturday and Sunday already.
    Well, what they are promoting is the documentary. It's original material, will give background on the story in the new movie.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Thanks for the heads up, hep! I didn't know about the new documentary...I love that kind of stuff.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread