+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sex and the City: The Movie

Re: Sex and the City: The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3031394;

I want Carrie's red/white/blue long "tie-dyed" dress.
    That dress was great! I want one too.

Great movie, a must see, do not wait for it to come out on DVD.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

I saw this movie last night and absolutely loved it.

The theater was full of women but that kind of made the atmosphere for it work. I also didn't want it to end and would be all over going to a sequel for it.

FORT Fogey

I went to see it this afternoon. I enjoyed it. I can't say I loved it. I can't say I didn't want it to end. But I also definitely did not feel like my time was wasted. I always enjoyed the storylines with the three friends more than I did the stories that focused on Carrie for the show, so that may have had something to do with it. It just felt like at times that things were forced for the sake of doing a movie instead of flowing like the show always did.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Can someone spoiler the reply to these questions:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Who did Steve cheat with? Was it a one-time thing or ongoing? Do they stay in Brooklyn, or does Miranda get to move back to her beloved Manhattan? Steve's mom is still alive in this movie, right?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3032006;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Who did Steve cheat with? Was it a one-time thing or ongoing? Do they stay in Brooklyn, or does Miranda get to move back to her beloved Manhattan? Steve's mom is still alive in this movie, right?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    They never specified who Steve cheated with. We can assume it was a woman he met at the bar or elsewhere, but they never did say. He DID say it was a one time thing that would never happen again. I would assume that they stay in Brooklyn - that Miranda gave up her apartment and moved back home ... but they never did say for sure. My interpretation is that Miranda realized that the love of her family means far more to her than the location of her home. Early on in the movie, Miranda said that Steve's mom was in a nursing home in the advanced stages of alzheimers. So she was still living, but not doing well and requiring a lot of care. (remember towards the finale of the TV show they realized that she was losing her mental competencies?)

Thank you, Veruka!

FORT Fogey

No problem Lois! I know you had some other questions about plot. If they havne't all been answered, feel free to PM me, and I'll spoil anything you want spoiled.

I had to giggle at all of the comments in this thread about men in the theater. I had joked with a co-worker of mine that if I were dating anyone right now, and he were willing to go with me, then I'd feel compelled to dump him. At my showing, there were two men. I kind of felt pity for both of them. One of hte guys came in with his VERY pregnant wife. She was walking along looking miserable to be out and about that big. He was following behind carrying a big tub of popcorn, an order of nachos, and a pillow. He was scared to sit down until she'd moved and adjusted in her seat. I gotta admit -- he proved to me that a man can really appear to be wimpy enough to just flat out not be attractive. Being kind and supportive of your pregnant wife is one thing ... but he seemed downright scared of dissapointing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3032006;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Man, woman, you DO like to be spoiled, don't you?

Click to see Spoiler:
    They don't show who Steve cheated with, but I thought in the middle of his fast blurt he mentioned that it was just a woman at the bar, definitely just a one-night thing. During the 6 months they were split Miranda did get an apartment in lower Manhattan with Brady and Magda. They never showed Steve's mom, but she was in a nursing home.

Towards the end Miranda and Steve go to counseling and I have to say that I liked the way they did it: after their counseling sessions were done they had to agree to not talk to each other for two weeks. At the end of that two weeks they had the choice of meeting up in a predetermined time and spot (they had picked the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge) and if they both showed up there that meant that their love overcame all and the past was the past and neither would hold it over the other. Creative.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3032160;
    Man, woman, you DO like to be spoiled, don't you?
    You said it! I know--when I can't see something I really want to but can't yet, I just HAVE to know! Now with books, I don't want to know anything! But with movies, I'm just so danged nosy!!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I saw it today; on the whole I liked it. I especially liked that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Samantha ended up back to her old un-committed self. Her commitment to Smith at the end of the series didn't ring true to the Samantha we knew for six seasons.
    It did seem to run a bit long though; I wish they had foregone some of the scenes, such as the take/toss fashion show in lieu of some more substantive scenes with Standford and Mario--just one more scene with them would have made the difference. The only real downer for me was Jennifer Hudson's performance. She's a pretty woman and has a great voice, but her line reading was something out of a bad high school performance. Maybe she was better in "Dream Girls"; I haven't seen it. I'm also not quite sure I bought the degree of Big's freak-out. It came really fast after supposedly 4 years of a stable relationship. Then again, he's always been a bit of a capricious bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3031394;
    AmyLee.... Hmmmm, now I have to think about that one. She does it at the beginning and at the end. I am almost positive that she does have voice-overs in the middle as well.
    I remember at least 2 other times Carrie did voice-overs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast