+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sex and the City: The Movie

Re: Sex and the City: The Movie

I can either see it within the next few days or wait til my best friend gets here. But i believe i know the plot already.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Oh man, that was definitely a good movie. I want to go see it again. haha

I didn't think I'd care for Jennifer Hudson but I loved her!
    Wake up and be awesome

Does Carrie do a voice-over throughout the movie as well?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

AmyLee.... Hmmmm, now I have to think about that one. She does it at the beginning and at the end. I am almost positive that she does have voice-overs in the middle as well.

One thing that I thought I was going to be bummed about was the change in theme song, but they did a great job with interspersing the old song in different places. In fact, one of the most fun things was noticing little props or items of clothing from the tv show. Made me quite nostalgic. I might have to pop in a few of my dvds this weekend.

I did love Jennifer Hudson's character. She really isn't the best actress, but the overall role was cute.

I want Carrie's red/white/blue long "tie-dyed" dress.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

OK, anyone else read Richard Corliss's review in TIME magazine? He wrote the synopsis in anagrams so that those who wanted to be spoilered could read it and figure it out...but the rest could just skip over that part. I wanted to know what happened so I happily read the spoilers. It sounds like the ending leaves it wide open for a sequel so that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Carrie and Big can actually get married for real this time. Also...I've read lots of reviews that say this movie starts all happy and then goes to a dark place, with Big standing Carrie up at the altar, Steve cheating on Miranda and those two being unhappy in their marriage--especially Miranda with Brooklyn, Samantha finding monogamy boring...it seems like Charlotte is the most content one--true? Is it a dark movie? Is it a comedy? A drama? A dramedy?
    . Most of the reviews I've read of this movie has been about a c+ (from critics). But all my friends who've seen it--and you all--have raved about it.

Does Aiden make an appearance? Are any of their past flings in the movie? Berger etc.?

The theater owner here gave his girlfriend special free passes to have a ladies night out and see this. Because I knew someone who knew someone, hehe, I ended up as one of the ladie's "dates" for the movie last night. I figured there would be 4 or 5 of us. Nope. There were more like 30! We had almost the whole theater to ourselves! There were only 4 other couples in it. All of the women in our group kept screaming "MANNNN!! THERE'S A MANN IN HERE!" every time some poor joe came in with his girlfriend

Anyway, to answer you Lois
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Yes that's all pretty much true. Lots of watery eyes for me. But no old boyfriend appearences.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

The only part of that spoiler that I would change is the fact that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Carrie and Big DID get married... but they did it their way at a justice of the peace. I really don't think they would ever have a traditional wedding.. it's just not their personalities.

Heh... there were a few poor, unfortunate men in our theater, too. Probably didn't get all of the "awwws" and sniffles.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I'm already drooling at getting a look at that huge closet Big has put in for Carrie. In the beginning of the movie, is she still living in her apartment, or has she moved in to a bigger apartment...or is she already living with Big? Inquiring minds want to know! How cute is Charlotte's daughter? She looks like a doll in the stills I've seen!

For some reason, their fashions have seldomly impressed me. The only thing that stands out in my mind is Carrie's trench coat from the episode where she and Miranda had an argument after a funeral(during the last season). And Carrie's cascading Louboutin's(in black, not pink).
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3031394;
    I want Carrie's red/white/blue long "tie-dyed" dress.
    I made sure to look for it after reading your comment. Now I want one too.

Loved this movie, I didn't want it to end! The theater was packed full of women (well, except for one 50-ish guy off by himself on the side...I don't know what that was about ). Charlotte's daughter was just adorable - the "coloring" conversation cracked me up. And, that closet!

The only thing that sort of took me by surprise was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Steve's cheating. I never would have expected it of him, but I'm glad they worked through it. His face when he told her just killed me.
    Everything else kept with the spirit of the series, IMO. Perfect!

Definitely buying this when it comes out.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast