+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sex and the City: The Movie

Re: Sex and the City: The Movie

Same here, buglover. I also find that movies in theatres are unusually loud nowadays too. Much too loud for some reason (maybe to compensate for all the others who are talking too much, on the cellies, or coughing up a lung or two!?!) And it is also really cold for me too and I can't enjoy a movie if I am cold!

I plan to rent the DVD and watch it at home....in my jammies, just like I used to watch it on HBO back in the day. I just hope it comes out soon on DVD.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I really wasn't in favor of the idea of a S&TC movie, but I've been sucked in by the hype. I'm going to see it with my Mom on Saturday in the middle of the day at a little movie theater in the 'burbs that is hardly ever crowded. I didn't have HBO when the show aired, so I'd park myself on my parents' couch every Sunday night and watch it with Mom. (Dad wasn't so much of a fan. ) I've been watching the first season again and it really takes me back to the summer of '98 when it was my late-night escape from studying. So, yeah, nostalgia is what is getting my butt in the seat on Saturday.

I just saw it a few hours ago (I got to go to a special pre-screening), and I loved it. I won't say much more about it now since it hasn't been released to the general public yet, but it was great, I will tell you guys that.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

I just got back from seeing it, it is great, the theater wasn't crowded at all today but I imagine tonight and this weekend it will be. It is really good. I wouldn't mind seeing it again and will definitely buy it when it comes out on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3029196;
    Same here, buglover. I also find that movies in theatres are unusually loud nowadays too. Much too loud for some reason (maybe to compensate for all the others who are talking too much, on the cellies, or coughing up a lung or two!?!) And it is also really cold for me too and I can't enjoy a movie if I am cold!

I plan to rent the DVD and watch it at home....in my jammies, just like I used to watch it on HBO back in the day. I just hope it comes out soon on DVD.
    I do that with most movies now. I wait until the 3rd week it's out on DVD so I know it will be in stock, make popcorn, crawl in bed and throw on my headphones so I can hear everything in the movie and truly enjoy!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I just saw it and must say that I liked it ALOT more than I thought I would! Some of the characters have really grown, others not so much, but it was good! And the CLOTHES! Worth the ticket price.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Ahhh reading these posts makes me even more excited. I'm going to the 7pm show tonight and I can't wait.
    Wake up and be awesome

I saw the movie today...it was GREAT!!!!

Oh my.... I cried all of my makeup off.

Absolutely loved it. It holds the slight awkwardness at the beginning as they attempt to introduce themselves to the unfortunate SATC virgins in the audiences, but it quickly became as close to the Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha as I could have expected. Very well done, and I cannot imagine anyone that was a fan of the tv show being disappointed with the movie.

This is definitely a movie I could see again. Lots of giggles, lots of tears, lots of happiness. Please don't wait for the dvd... I am actually certain that people would understand if you walked in there in your jammies, sat cross-legged across two seats with your drink on one side and popcorn in your lap. And if you can sneak in a cosmo.... even better.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3030905;
    Oh my.... I cried all of my makeup off.
    Me too Broadway! I was going to take tissues because I knew I would need them but I forgot. Everyone take some tissues!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast