+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How much do you pay for movies?

Re: How much do you pay for movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2778811;
    A group of kids at my school invited me to a drive in as a sort of welcome to America thing when I first came to this country. They brought food and drinks and everyone piled in the car. I was rather apprehensive at first, but I turned out having so much fun. We did have one by us, but it closed. Those always were good experiences. Even though I love movies still, it just isn't the same.
    Never been to a drive in...would love to experience it though...do they have any drive in's in Canada, or are they only in the US?

♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar

It's been a long time since I watched my last movie so I already forgot how much I paid for it . I believe it is also somewhere near $12. First showing during the day is usually half the price. I try to catch those sometimes on weekends . I'm also very picky and would only watch movies that I feel worth watching on a big screen (or worth my $12 bucks!) otherwise, I would wait until it gets to the DVD .
    "Unfortunately, I did not get any out of this big sex scandal that supposedly happened. If I had known that I was going to get accused of it, maybe I would have gone for it!" -- ROZLYN (Bachelor 14)
    -----------
    BRAD is still "THE HOTTEST Bachelor" ever!

Quote Originally Posted by OutsideLookinIn;2790721;
    It's been a long time since I watched my last movie so I already forgot how much I paid for it . I believe it is also somewhere near $12. First showing during the day is usually half the price. I try to catch those sometimes on weekends . I'm also very picky and would only watch movies that I feel worth watching on a big screen (or worth my $12 bucks!) otherwise, I would wait until it gets to the DVD .

I am a total movie snob in that way. I almost always refuse to go to a movie that I don't think would be good on a big screen or that I really really want to see because of the rising cost and the fact that our closest theater is getting really really gross!

I guess though I am on the low end around here. We are currently at $9.00 for evening shows I think and $6.00 for afternoon performances.

I usually find some good coupons for the dvd before I buy.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Movies are $12.50 here in Edmonton but I get movie coupons from my local AMA (CAA/AAA) office which are $8.00 each. Helps out a bit. I also have a Scene card which gives me 100 points every time I go to a movie - 1000 points = a free movie or large popcorn/drink combo. Large popcorn/drink combo is $11.00 and comes with a free refill so when movies I like are playing I will usually go to 2 back-to-back and get the refill for the second movie.
    Last edited by Bubba-Jo-Lyn; 02-21-2008 at 11:54 PM. Reason: adding stuff
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

i pay 3 dallor for a movie sometime 5.

We have a new theater here that is very nice and last time we went I discovered that they offer a special rate of $4.50 for their "rush hour" shows - weekdays between 4:30 and 6:00. It is a pretty good deal for us because regular matinee rates are $6.00 and we have a family of six!

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

The local AMC is great: $5 matinees (before 4) Fri - Sun; and $5 or 6 ALL day Mon - Thur.
    I believe the evening price is $9 but we really try to go for the $5 shows.
    We use their moviewatcher card when we go and get TONS of free stuff. You get 2 points per ticket (max 4 points per visit) and there is a reward for every 10 points! So almost every third time we go, we get something free - free popcorn, free drink or large combo. Every 100 points you get a free ticket AND a large combo. It's awesome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345