+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much do you pay for movies?

Re: How much do you pay for movies?

Oh drive-ins! I miss them so much!
    Yup, with donuts!!

we have a second run theatre here so I wait to see them at this theatre. It's only about 2 months behind
    right now matinees are $2 and evenings are $4. It's a nice day out for me and the kiddo.
    Silver City (the big multiplex) is $7.25
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

We have theaters like that in Los Angeles. There is one right up the street from where I live. Its $7 for two movies. It looks alittle run down. Someday I might go. As a matter of fact....people are always filming tv shows and/or movies in that theater.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2766533;
    Once you buy a couple tickets and food you could be out $20+ dollars. For me, that's too precious for a movie.
    I'll tell you when $20+ hurts - its when the movie really sucks (like 75% of what's out there IMHO). My husband likes to see all the dumb stuff - I try to research movie reviews, etc. before I shell out my hard-earned money.

If the movie's only so-so I'll wait til I can rent it. Shout out to Family video - no movie more than $2.50....beats BlockBuster any day.

Amen to that. Most movies suck anyway because there are people talking or using their phones for texting througout the whole movie. Not worth my time or anger!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2772992;
    We have a drive in less than a mile from me. I love it. $5.50 and my kid is still free until next year. Plus, like you said, you can bring in your own food.
    A group of kids at my school invited me to a drive in as a sort of welcome to America thing when I first came to this country. They brought food and drinks and everyone piled in the car. I was rather apprehensive at first, but I turned out having so much fun. We did have one by us, but it closed. Those always were good experiences. Even though I love movies still, it just isn't the same.

$7.25 for matinees and $10.50 for evenings. I go to AAA and get discount tickets for $7 each. They are good anytime.

The second run theatres around here are $2-3, except the one has "Wild Wednesdays" every Wednesdays when tickets and popcorn are only $1 each.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i can't tell you the last time i saw a movie in a first-run theater ... it's just way more than i care to spend. i had to look them up online to get current prices! one theater is $8.50 for regular showing, $6.50 for matinee.

before i joined netflix, i typically watched movies at the cheap theater, and it cost $3.00. much nicer on my wallet, that's for sure.

$11.75 for an evening show. I usually see movies on random Tuesday or Wednesday nights, so I'm not sure about matinees.

That's Manhattan, of course. I'm glad I'm not a huge moviegoer.

$11.95 for an evening show where i live...it can be very expensive, so I tend to be picky, and read the reviews to see if its worth it..if not I'll just wait till it comes out on dvd...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast