+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much do you pay for movies?

Re: How much do you pay for movies?

$7.50 here, matinees are 5 bucks. Second run movies are 99 cents before 6 pm, $1.99 after.

And I sneak my food in. I'm not paying ten bucks for a damn tub of popcorn.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2765540;

And I sneak my food in. I'm not paying ten bucks for a damn tub of popcorn.
    We do the same thing. $3.50 for a box of Whoppers at the movies or 88 cents at Wal-Mart...it's a no brainer!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I don't even know normal price. If it is a new release we it the matinee for $5.50 or we wait for the dollar movie. The two of us can get out of the dollar theater for $10. $2 for the two tickets and $7.50 for the kids meal (popcorn, candy and a drink)
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

$5.25 for the matinée showings and $7.25 at regular showings. They also have a special rate for military on Tuesdays and Thrifty Thursday --- I think all those showings are $5.25.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

$7.50 here and I think $5.50 for matinees....I also refuse to pay the outrageous prices for concessions so I always sneak in bottled water or bottled soft drink. I have been known to slip in a McDonald's happy meal in my purse before
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I steal them from my brother when I'm home. He rents tons. So I always catch up then. Otherwise, I just see what's on the movie channels. I haven't been to a movie in ages.

The last movie I actually went to was at our cheap theatre. Even that was $4.

FORT Fogey

where on earth do you guys live. in nyc is freaking expensive, i pay 10.50 just for the movie. don't even ask me for the food price

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

For first run movie tickets, regular evening shows run about $8.50 per adult, $6.50 for children under 12, except at the new theater downtown - there we pay about a buck more per ticket per show, but the theater is really nice, it's a great "evening out" location (near all the clubs and restaurants), and the seats are actually comfortable. A large popcorn is $6, medium drinks are $3, and the candy runs anywhere from $2.50 to $5.00... a night at the movies for two adults and two kids usually runs us about $50 including snacks and drinks. It's expensive, and not something we can afford to do regularly. We go more often for "date night" where we pay for the tickets, but sneak in our snacks and drinks. Our "dollar" theater is pretty limited on the shows they get, but it's worth it - $1.50 per ticket except on Tuesdays where every show is 50 cents. They make a killing on snacks, though, but I don't mind paying for that when my ticket is so cheap... We get out of there for about $25 for the four of us.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2765935;
    $7.50 here and I think $5.50 for matinees....I also refuse to pay the outrageous prices for concessions so I always sneak in bottled water or bottled soft drink. I have been known to slip in a McDonald's happy meal in my purse before
    We do that too bbnbama. I went to a theater last year to take the kids to see something in the afternoon and they requested to see inside my purse for weapons. I had water bottles in there and I just looked at the kid like "What?". He let me in without even asking about them...tee hee
    Yup, with donuts!!

We wait for the movies to come out on the Premium channels - HBO, Starz and such. If we really like the movie and want to be able to watch it anytime, then we head over to Hollywood Video and buy them 3 for $20. Directv and I think a couple of other cable/satelite services are starting to offer movies on pay per view on the same day they come out in the theaters. I believe they are $6.50. Mr. Melitta and I use to go to the movies once a year (anniversary) but we haven't done that in a few years now. Mostly because during our anniversary time, there hasn't been anything that we wanted to see. I believe the new theater that was just built done the road from us charges $8 per ticket.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast