+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The A-Team Movie

Re: The A-Team Movie

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3930921;
    Just got home from seeing the movie. Totally agree with Bearcata. Fun, action, great casting.

And for those of you who were fans of the TV series, look for the original "Face" and "Mad Dog" in cameo roles in the movie.

from both hubby and me!
    My husband, daughter and I saw this on Sunday and we all loved it! I commented to hubby that we were the only ones in the theatre that were actually alive when the tv show was on.

Anyway...I completely missed the cameos by "Face" and "Mad Dog". What part of the movie were they in?

And I was surprised and pleased by the lack of sex and profanity. Yeah....there was lots of violence (in an absurdly obvious sort of way) but virtually NO "F" bombs, thank God! A few....but nothing like you'd see in an action-type movie like this these days.

It was fun. And anytime you get Bradley Cooper, Brian Bloom (the bad guy, and also one of the writers of the movie...and may I add he played Dusty Donovan many years ago on "As the World Turns") and John Hamm from "Mad Men" all in the same movie that equals primo girl eye candy!

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3936293;
    Anyway...I completely missed the cameos by "Face" and "Mad Dog". What part of the movie were they in?
    Mad Dog was a German doctor - don't remember where Face was. However, I've since read on IMDB that there were a couple of "stingers" (scenes following the credits) that featured both of them. I'll have to sneak in to see the ending on my next visit to the multiplex.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3936293;
    My husband, daughter and I saw this on Sunday and we all loved it! I commented to hubby that we were the only ones in the theatre that were actually alive when the tv show was on.

And I was surprised and pleased by the lack of sex and profanity. Yeah....there was lots of violence (in an absurdly obvious sort of way) but virtually NO "F" bombs, thank God! A few....but nothing like you'd see in an action-type movie like this these days.

It was fun. And anytime you get Bradley Cooper, Brian Bloom (the bad guy, and also one of the writers of the movie...and may I add he played Dusty Donovan many years ago on "As the World Turns") and John Hamm from "Mad Men" all in the same movie that equals primo girl eye candy!

Don Draper is in this movie, too?
    Omg, I am there!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3936790;
    [/B]

Don Draper is in this movie, too?
    Omg, I am there!
    Yep...towards the very end. It was a nice surprise.

Just saw the movie and we loved it. Totally charmed by it. Loved all the references to the tv show, but both MrCoz and I feel it could stand alone. Missed The original Mad Dog and Face. We didn't stay around for the credits as we usually do. Guess we'll have to go see it again

We saw it Monday morning and absolutely loved it :-) My husband and I used to watch the TV show (not together...we've only been together for 14 years) and my 13yo is into anything with guns ;-)

And I'm so bummed to finally catch up on this thread and then realize that we missed the cameos by the original Face and Mad Dog. We'll just have to watch it again now ;-)

(BTW, on the plus side was providing the backstory right at the beginning...a bit confusing for us because we saw the TV show but it made sense to our son; the way they interspersed the plan for getting the plates originally with the process of actually getting the plates; the various ways they all broke out; the final plan; most of all, the casting. On the negative side was the predictability in some places; the over-the-top fights where I couldn't keep up with who was throwing which punches.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123