+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The A-Team Movie

Re: The A-Team Movie

I saw the stills a while back and I was shocked at how much Liam Neeson looks like Peppard! Bradley Cooper is adorable - perfect casting

ETA: Just watched the trailer and it looks good! Thanks for the link!
    Last edited by Critical; 01-13-2010 at 07:16 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ah..Liam Neeson does a great job as Hannibal. The trailer looked interesting enough to go see.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So is anyone planning to see this one when it is released? At this point I'm thinking I will wait for DVD.

I read this earlier today:
    Mr. T, whose real name is Laurence Tureaud, was in attendance at the movie's Los Angeles premiere, where he admitted his fears were confirmed. "It was too graphic for me," he said. "People die in the film and there's plenty of sex, but when we did it no one got hurt and it was all played for fun and family entertainment. These seem to be elements nobody is interested in any more."
    I have to agree that this was one of the hallmarks of the TV show. My biggest worry was that this film would lose the cheesy, tongue-in-cheek qualities that made the show so much fun. After reading this I'm afraid it has, but I will certainly wait to hear some first-hand opinions.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2866201;
    I thought for sure we'd have heard from Krom on this by now.
    Yes, indeed, where IS Krom on this?

This morning on the radio I already heard that there is a really good buzz about this movie. The same critic basically panned everything I have already seen in the last 2 months so it will be interesting to see if it lives up to the hype.

Just saw it. I loved it. It was funny. It was smart. It made me laugh. The casting was perfect.

The two top movies of 2010 so far are "How To Train Your Dragon" and "The A-Team".

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Just got home from seeing the movie. Totally agree with Bearcata. Fun, action, great casting.

And for those of you who were fans of the TV series, look for the original "Face" and "Mad Dog" in cameo roles in the movie.

from both hubby and me!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I saw it today and really enjoyed it. It was a fun, crazy action movie with some humor, just as advertised. After seeing it, I'm a bit perplexed about Mr. T's quote about "plenty of sex"--aside from the implied sex with the General's wife in the opener, the past referenced relationship with Jessica Biel, and the kiss at the end, it was nothing approaching even network TV levels.

I am SO relieved to here the good reviews for this one. I can officially look forward to watching it again!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3932505;
    I saw it today and really enjoyed it. It was a fun, crazy action movie with some humor, just as advertised. After seeing it, I'm a bit perplexed about Mr. T's quote about "plenty of sex"--aside from the implied sex with the General's wife in the opener, the past referenced relationship with Jessica Biel, and the kiss at the end, it was nothing approaching even network TV levels.
    I think Mr. T was comparing it to the network TV of the TV show's day---nothing like the TV of today when the networks have to compete with the sex on the cable channels.... While it wasn't as puritanical as the 50's married couples sleep only in twin beds stuff, compared today it was pretty tame...and apparently the A-Team show was especially so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast