+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movies: Question of the Week

Movies: Question of the Week

We all remember the movie Ghost starring Patrick Swayze as the young husband killed by a street mugger who then shadows the wife he left behind until Whoopie Goldberg can communicate his wish for one more dance. What's your take: sweetly romantic, or nightmarishly creepy?

What is this thread? Click here to see what it's all about.
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-03-2008 at 11:00 PM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: Movies: Question of the Week

i always thought it sweetly romantic - but then again, i had a ghostly experience when my beloved partner died 13 years ago now. we used to love to go and swing on the swings as children (we had known each other since we were 7). one day i was driving home from work, lost in my own misery as usual, and i passed by an empty playground. something compelled me to pull off and take a walk and then i found myself on the swingset and suddenly i could feel her hands pushing me and smell her perfume drifting about me. for so many months after her death i had felt lost and then at that time, i was found again. i have carried that memory with me always.

I always thought it was romantic. The thought that your SO didn't want to leave you even after he died seemed so sweet. The fact that it was Patrick Swayze didn't hurt.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Sweetly Romantic. I first saw this movie when I was pregnant and I bawled shamelessly throughout the entire movie. I don't know if it was the pregnancy hormones, but to me the movie was so much about love that it just made me want to cry when they were separated by death. Then Whoopie would make me laugh and then I would cry again. I still have very nostalgic feelings when I see this movie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sweetly romantic!! I love this movie. It was the first movie I ever saw on a date when I was young teen.

The shadows that come to take away the bad guys were the only creepy part of this movie!

Creepy, though not nightmarishly so. More tediously so. I did very much enjoy Tony Goldwyn in it, though.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

"Ditto"..........

How I loved those 5 little letters from that movie...when Demi Moore looked up at Patrick at the end of the movie and she had them big ole puppy dog eyes filled with tears and she uttered that back to him.......

On a funnier note...Whoopi was perfect for that role!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Definitely Sweetly Romantic. My favorite funny scene was when PS was in Whoopi's bedroom singing Henry the VIII over and over until she agreed to go to Molly. "Second verse same as the first" Gets me every time.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I watched Ghost and I thought that it was Funny and Sweetly Romantic. I loved it when they played Unchained Melody.

Sweetly Romantic! The way he kept looking out for her even though he was gone: scaring the cat to scare the killer out of the apartment, getting her out of there before Tony Goldwyn showed up, remembering all the silly little things that make your relationship special, etc.
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast