+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movies: Question of the Week

Re: Movies: Question of the Week

I don't know if I would call it "sweetly" romantic, but it was romantic and not at all creepy. The only creepy things were the shadows with the slowed-down baby noises. I think Ghost is one of my guilty pleasures. It came out when I had a big crush on Patrick Swayze (who didn't?) and Demi Moore was totally rocking the pixie-cut. I can't say that there was any great acting by anyone in the movie, including the oscar winner. But it all came together in a very entertaining package and I cry every time when he sticks the penny in her hand and she looks up with those big tears dripping down her face.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Never saw Ghost, but I'm not a Swayze fan. However, apropos of the topic, I saw this on Best Week Ever: Best Week Ever Blog Archive The Top 20 Stupid Faces Made By Patrick Swayze in Ghost So I'm calling it "hilariously creepy".

Definitely romantic. Not to the point where I was crying and grabbing tissues... but dead loved ones sticking around is always a sweet sentiment, IMO.
    .Self-Proclaimed ANTM Photo Junkie.
    .....Generally Annoyed Person.....
    ...........Gallery Owner...........

CCL

Romantic. But maybe it would have been creepy if he had stayed around forever, still following her around when she was dottering into old age.
    Kind of sad that this is this week's question vis a vis the news that has just broken regarding Patrick Swayze's health.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

At the time I thought it was romantic but I can no longer watch this movie without cringing. The whole Whoopi as psychic and the ghost lovin' from beyond the grave now sounds so cheesy and contrived. This movie would tank big time if it came out today.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Is there a "neither option"? I think parts of it were very romantic and parts of it really, most likely, unintentionally hillarious. I don't think it was Patrick's best movie. That to me is reserved for Dirty Dancing. I think Ghost is a movie that I'll watch time and time again on a Saturday night when there's nothing else on and this happens to be playing on TBS (or Peachtree TV). But I don't get the overwhelming hype for it. Sure it had some incredibly memorable scenes, but take those away and you've got... not a whole heck of a lot.

I thought it was romantic that he found a way to communicate with her 'beyond the grave' and to tell her one more time how much he loves her. I'm a sap for a good romance. I will say that I watched a good portion of Ghost on cable a month or two back and quite a bit of it does come across as cheesy and dated, but you have to love the story (and Demi's ability to cry pretty, with a single tear drop rolling down each cheek).

Sweetly romantic. Where is Tony Goldwyn anyways? He seemed destined for greatness that never happened.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12