+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Guardian

The Guardian

The Guardian is a film starring Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher. It tells the story of a washed up member of the Coast Guard, Randall (Costner) who is sent to teach at an Ace School. There he encounters Fisher (Kutcher) who's only concern during the first part of training is trying to beat Randall's records. Throughout the course of the film, Randall teaches Fisher and the other classmates that there's more to the Coast Guard than just records. There are some very hard lessons that these cadets have to learn and Randall uses very unorthodox methods to teach those lessons.
    I finally saw this movie on Encore Thursday and it was wonderful. If there is anyone who hasn't seen it yet, I suggest you do. I also suggest that you have plenty of tissues handy because there are plenty of tear-jerking scenes in this movie. Kutcher and Costner worked very well together.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Re: The Guardian

I caught the last half the other day, probably the same time you were watching . The parts I did see were good and yes, have some tissues handy. Ashton can actually do serious acting roles.

And I must say that he looks darn sexy in a uniform. Yuuuummmy!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

MRD

THis is a really good movie and I was surprised at Kutchner in it. He did a really good job.
    Great movie and a tear jerker too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread