+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vantage Point

Vantage Point

Vantage Point is a facinating and fast-paced story of a political crime as seen through the eyes of 8 different people. You have Barnes (Played by Dennis Quaid) who works for the secret service. Barnes returns to his position 1 year after a horrifying experience. Everyone who works with him thinks he is a loose cannon and may be returning to work too soon. There is Forest Whitaker who portrays an innocent bystander caught up in the fray. He is visiting Spain and catches everything on his video camera. We also see the event through several different other perspectives. This movie stars Quaid, Whitaker, Matthew Fox, Sigourney Weaver, William Hurt and also features Zoe Saldana who was in Center Stage and POTC: Curse of the Black Pearl (where she played Annamaria) as well as several other tv spots and films. I just went to see this with my best friend and it was great! I really liked it and it made it more enjoyable that there was such a well-known cast. And yes, just like any other movie like this, there is a twist. Actually several twists. I would recommend this film to anyone. I only had one problem with it that I won't share until more people see it and then I will spoiler what my problem was.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Re: Vantage Point

Just wondering if anyone has seen this yet?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Newbie

oo yaa its very fantastic thriller movie....
    I really enjoyed this movie, because of it's editing, wonderful actors and full packed action.
    I like the role of "Edgar Ramirez"
    If you like thriller, action and car chases all in same movie then this movie is for you..........

I liked this movie. It just goes to show you not to listen to reviews and decide for yourself, since this movie had a lot of bad reviews, but turned out good in my opinion.

I thought it was just ok. The concept was interesting but I found myself daydreaming the first 30 minutes of the movie. It does pick up with a nice finish.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Here was my only issue with it. I'll spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I kind of wish they would've explained more why the brother was even being held hostage to begin with. I get that the brother being held hostage was the reason why the guy went along with the assasination attempt but why was the brother kidnapped and held hostage in the first place?

MRD

Good movie, but after the first 3 or 4 "rewinds", I was losing my patience. Good concept stretched a little too far. I had read it was told through 8 "Vantage points", so I was sitting there mentally counting so we could FINALLY get to the rest of the movie.
    The ending was good and loved the car chase.
    Short movie though. We were out of our door and back in it in exactly 2 hours and we are about 8 min. drive from the theater. Then consider parking, line standing, ticket and popcorn buying and a few previews and it was a short movie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread