+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jumper

Jumper

In the movie Jumper, A genetic anomaly allows a young man to teleport himself anywhere. He discovers this gift has existed for centuries and finds himself in a war that has been raging for thousands of years between "Jumpers" and those who have sworn to kill them. (courtesy of imdb.com) Jumper stars Hayden Christensen of Star Wars fame. The movie aslo stars Samuel L. Jackson, Diane Lane, Jamie Bell (Flags of Our Fathers), and Rachel Bilson (The O.C.)My husband and I are going to see this this afternoon. I can't wait to come back in and give you my view on it. I didn't even realize until just now that Hayden Christensen is the Jumper guy. I didn't even recognize him. That gives me more incentive to see it now since I love love LOVE him. I really like SLJ and DL, too.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Re: Jumper

Now that he is not playing "Darth Vader" can he act???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So I just got back from seeing this movie and I was very very impressed. I figured out why I didn't recognize HC. His hair is much darker and much shorter in this film. But yes, he can act. He was great. They all were. I was a bit disappointed that DL was only in 2 scenes in the whole film. Another actor I recognized but can't can't place how I know him (it says he was in Bone Collector but I don't remember his character) was Michael Rooker. It was interesting to see SLJ in this kind of role. All in all a very good film. Not sure I would want the ability to teleport myself from place to place, though.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to let people know what trailers were shown during Jumper. The ones I remember were 21, The Forbidden Kingdom, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and The Bank Job

the movie's special effects were great, it can give The Matrix a run of its money but acting-wise all is lame except Samuel L. Jackson

I watched this movie and thought it was awesome... maybe bit too short, but hey, there is always room for sequal!

my friend and I had trouble thinking why would David be a jumper if his parents aren't.. took as a while to release that it's almost like Spiderman.. well, he didn't get bit by a spider but his genes are different from the parents. that was only after thinking were Griffin's parents jumpers, because he said
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that the paladins killed them. and ohhhh, what a surprise, David's mother was a paladin.. not a jumper, which I thought she was through the movie
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

My boyfriend and I went to go see this on Valentine's Day and we both thought that it was an alright movie. I'd give it a 8/10.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I came across some of the Jumper books by Gould which made me think I'll like the movie...thinking about it for tonight.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Went...the books are much better... the hero actor is a tad callow...his fellow jumper is good though, and Samuel Jackson is good as always. Clearly set up for a sequel...

I got so sick of the intrusive ads for this movie during the NFL playoff games, I don't want to go see it. Sounds like not anything to make an effort to see anyway.

+ Reply to Thread