+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Savages

The Savages

Fox Searchlight - The Savages - Official Site

Okay, I had never heard of this movie. My mother and I go to the movies every once in a great while and we were going to see Juno today.

She mentioned this and I called the cinema and when it mentioned comedy we decided to go see it. I was floored.

I am taking care of my father (who has dementia) with my brother. I have 4 brothers but, him and I are the primary caretakers. My mother was worried about me because it hit SO CLOSE to home. My brother and I are 4 years apart in age. He is reserved like the character Jon and I never shut up.

It was surreal for me and for her (she is taking care of her boyfriend of over 20 years who is in Boston Medical fighting for his life)

With all the tears we both shed, there was this feeling of ? Can't explain.

So glad it's up for an Oscar for best original screenplay. Laura Linney annoyed me in Mystic River (her accent was horrible) and she was so good in this. Philip Seymour - he is an outstanding actor (IMHO)

My mother said she didn't know if too many people would "like" this movie. Her and I related so much though.

It flowed beautifully. I thought it was so well done.

She felt bad she so strongly suggested it and I was in tears for a lot of it.

I stopped by my father's house after the movie to tell my brother how much I loved him even though him and I want to kill eachother half the time.

Very moving. The acting was outstanding. Laura Linney was so REAL.

I loved this -

I'll be seeing Juno & Atonement this weekend with some girlfriends but, nothing will touch me the way this movie did. Is it personal? Probably yes.

I still think it was so well written, directed and acted.

My mother said she didn't think too many people would care for this if they weren't "living it". I disagree. It was different, and so many layers to it that I can't imagine someone not just getting lost in it.

A +.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Re: The Savages

I think it was a good movie to watch because of the acting ability of Philip Seymour Hoffman which makes the movie interesting to watch.

Re: The Savages

Quote Originally Posted by maracruzz;2784129;
    I think it was a good movie to watch because of the acting ability of Philip Seymour Hoffman which makes the movie interesting to watch.

You know I always thought he was one of those actors who never got enough credit. Until Capote.

In this, he is flawless.

He is an amazing actor and anything he stars in I will see.

A couple friends of mine saw it last night and said it was hard to tell if it was as good as they thought because they felt it was "colored" by my situation.

They liked it a lot but, Laura Linney's character reminded them of me.

I say, if a movie gets nominated for Best Original Screenplay" it must be pretty good right?

I saw Atonement and Juno. This one though really got to me. Yes, again it's probably personal but, I just thought the acting PSH especially and LL their chemistry .....was just so real.

I hope and think it may win the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay.

I never saw it advertised........never......

A +
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

+ Reply to Thread