+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the stupidest movie you've ever seen?

Re: What is the stupidest movie you've ever seen?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2783309;
    Since I dispise Jim Carrey, Will Farrell, Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller. Almost anything of theirs has been about the Stupidest I've ever seen. With the exception of The Wedding Singer and the Fokker movies which were stupid, but in a funny sort of way.
    I normally go out of my way NOT to watch any of the movies the above actors are in.
    I agree, too!!! The only movies that I have ever seen that I have enjoyed with any of those actors was The Wedding Singer and Night at the Museum. Elf was okay and I enjoyed parts of it.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought "The Truman Show" was interesting. (Jim Carrey)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I thought Jim Carrey was wonderful in The Majestic and Man On The Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2784485;
    I thought Jim Carrey was wonderful in The Majestic and Man On The Moon.
    I didn't see The Majestic, but yes, he was phenomenal in Man on the Moon. I also loved him in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, though I understand that that wouldn't be to all, or even most, tastes, not to mention The Truman Show. He actually is a talented actor and really doesn't need to rely on the mugging so much.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I agree, Rattus. His most memorable screen roles involved no mugging at all. He's a brilliant "mugger" none the less, and a bit of a national treasure, I think.

I despise Stiller, Carey, Farrell and Sandler too.. funny but I think only men and college kids like them

I do have to say though that I loved "Stranger than Fiction" the only Will Farrell movie that was worth the price of the film to shoot it.

Another crappy one was Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have to admit that I did like the movie "Superstar" with Molly Shannon and Will Ferrell...but I'm pretty sure that was because I loved Molly Shannon's performance. I don't know if you had to go to Catholic school to appreciate that or not, but I'm sure it helped!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2784531;
    I have to admit that I did like the movie "Superstar" with Molly Shannon and Will Ferrell...but I'm pretty sure that was because I loved Molly Shannon's performance. I don't know if you had to go to Catholic school to appreciate that or not, but I'm sure it helped!
    It sure did help! Same with Sister Act (although that movie didn't need a lot of help). I loved Will on SNL, as well as Adam Sandler and his Opera Man.

Stupid movie: The Land That Time Forgot

Waterworld was awful. My mother, who usually has excellent taste in movies, thought it was wonderful and made me sit through it. She was surprised I didn't like it. There was no way I would see The Postman. The movie had such a stupid premise and I tend to avoid Kevin Costner. I liked him in Field of Dreams but that is it.

Bruce Willis is another one that I refuse to see his movies. Bleah on both counts.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Son of the Mask, Glitter, Baby Geniuses, I could go on and on.

The only movie where I remember walking out of the theater midway is Poltergeist II, so I guess that wins.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread