+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the stupidest movie you've ever seen?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: What is the stupidest movie you've ever seen?

Lots of guys love Jim Carrey...and I've never understood it. I figured that that is not a good sign for females.

I do have to admit that he has had a movie or two that was/were OK, but he is not to be trusted yet! He has proven that he doesn't always have to play it totally stupid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I used to like Jim Carrey, though his films bore me now. But the rest of them...ugh, ugh, ugh. I have never finished watching a movie with Will Ferrell and I'll never forgive Ben Stiller for There's Something About Mary. As for Adam Sandler, I'll grant him that The Wedding Singer was a decent movie (though I believe that was more due to Drew Barrymore than him). But I found that movie where he was supposed to be portraying a guy who was "touched" (for lack of a better term) - I think it was The Waterboy? - was actually offensive.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Well, The Stupids is the obvious answer. But I didn't make it all the way through. I think it's the only movie I ever walked out of. I don't remember why I went in the first place. Must've been a Roseanne thing.

One movie that I hate, and I know I've mentioned it before, is Rashamon. That movie tried to be serious but it was so stupid. The idiot laughing, the whole plot, the two guys marvelling at how messed-up their story was, then the idiot laughing again. I will never understand why that movie is so critically acclaimed.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo II;2779233;
    My Hubby and I watched The Hills Have Eyes and I thought that it was really stupid, so I was wondering what's the stupidest movie you've ever seen, and if there's already a topic on this I appologise.

Napoline Dynomite, but I LOVE IT!
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2782145;
    Two of the absolute stupidest movies that I detested with a passion were Solaris and My Own Private Idaho.
    That would be the awful George Clooney remake, right? The original Russian film is awesome, although the subtitled translation is a little iffy sometimes. I have a soft spot for Soviet science fiction

I LOVE Pulp Fiction and adore both Ben Stiller and Will Ferrell (especially WF). Something About Mary isn't my favorite, mainly because Matt Dillon just skeeves me out in that role. I did really love Ben Stiller in it though.

I'd love to have the time back that I wasted watching The Notebook and Message in a Bottle. I wanted to send hate mail to Nicholas Sparks after those two. Why does true love have to involve someone dying or getting a tragic illness?

Worst movie ever: The Postman, followed closely by Waterworld.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2784163;
    The Postman, followed closely by Waterworld.
    "He has no name, so death cannot find him."

Waterworld was an incredible film, Critical. I don't know what you're talking about. Any film that has "the smokers" as the villains clearly contains a lot of symbolism and astute commentary on society.

Feh. Poor Dennis Hopper. He had to carry any decency contained in the movie solely upon his weary shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;2784167;
    "He has no name, so death cannot find him."

Waterworld was an incredible film, Critical. I don't know what you're talking about. Any film that has "the smokers" as the villains clearly contains a lot of symbolism and astute commentary on society.

Feh. Poor Dennis Hopper. He had to carry any decency contained in the movie solely upon his weary shoulders.
    And with only one eye! I'm sure he laughed all the way to the bank.

Yes, clearly Waterworld had lots of hidden subtext that I just wasn't willing to delve into. Costner should stick to doing what he does best. I don't know what that might be, but I'm sure there's something.

I adore George Clooney, but that pile of crap he made as Batman was unwatchable. I tried at least 3 or 4 times to watch it and I just couldn't do it. It's like the director told everyone "Make sure you really camp it up. Pretend like you're in vaudeville! Then do MORE!"
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Something About Mary isn't my favorite, mainly because Matt Dillon just skeeves me out in that role. I did really love Ben Stiller in it though.
    I liked Something About Mary precisely because Matt Dillon skeeved me out. He was perfect, and I loved his giant chiclet teeth .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I'd love to have the time back that I wasted watching The Notebook and Message in a Bottle. I wanted to send hate mail to Nicholas Sparks after those two. Why does true love have to involve someone dying or getting a tragic illness?

Worst movie ever: The Postman, followed closely by Waterworld.
    Absolutely agree about The Notebook and Message in a Bottle. What a load of excruciatingly sappy, manipulative crap! I think I lost a few IQ points by the halfway point of The Notebook. Why, oh, why did I watch it till the end? I must have been in a masochistic mood. All of Nicholas Sparks' books qualify as no more than emotional blackmail for money, and are not worth the paper they're printed on, IMO.

Waterworld. Eh. It was dumb but somehow watchable in its dumbness.

Now, Anaconda is truly a crime against cinematography. Basically anything with JLo in it except maybe Out of Sight is horrible.

War of the Worlds... there are no words how demented that movie was. Dormant prehistoric flesh eating robots with very long tentacles rise out from under the pavement to snack on hapless humans. World is saved by 5'4" "hero".
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2784354;
    Now, Anaconda is truly a crime against cinematography. Basically anything with JLo in it except maybe Out of Sight is horrible.
    Then I have just two words for you: Anaconda II. If JLo had been in that one as well, it very well might have qualified as the worst movie ever made. I have to say that, while I have a truly high degree of tolerance for crap, I won't even watch her stuff on free cable anymore, along with anything starring Stallone, Costner or any of the lesser Baldwin brothers. In fact, I believe the only Pauly Shore movie that's turned up on the tube at a time when I was pretty much semi-comatose that I wasn't able to get all the way through was Biodome, which I attribute more to the co-starring Baldwin, not Shore. And the only way I feel comfortable admitting that I have sat sort of still through more than one Pauly Shore movie is that none of you know who I am in real life. I don't believe that even Mr. Rattus knows I watched Son-in-Law .
    Last edited by Rattus; 02-06-2008 at 10:44 AM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread