+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the stupidest movie you've ever seen?

Re: What is the stupidest movie you've ever seen?

I generally really dislike slapstick comedy, but after hearing people rave about it I watched There's Something About Mary. I wish I hadn't. I thought it was incredibly dumb.

OMG I absolutely despise Something about Mary, I can't change the channel fast enough when it's broadcast on tv for the 300th time. *shiver* ICK!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2782145;
    Two of the absolute stupidest movies that I detested with a passion were Solaris and My Own Private Idaho.
    Totally agree with you on Solaris! Since that was the very beginning of George Clooney being a pretentious nitwit I was still fooled. I sat through it, just waiting and waiting and waiting for the point in time where it'd get good. That time never came. I don't let George fool me anymore.

Since it has the distinction of being the only movie I've ever walked out of, I guess I'd have to include Only the Lonely. I go to movies either because I'm dying to see them, or because I'm bored and have no better way to pass 2 hours time. I went to see Only the Lonely because I was bored. It was so stupid that I decided ANYTHING but sitting through the rest of it had to be a better way to pass the time.

MRD

I am waiting to see Clooney's new movie Leatherheads since it was filmed here last year and everyone in town seemed to lose their heads over it. I hope its good, but I have a feeling.....

Dagwood, I'm sorry, yes Jaws 3D and 4 were both Oscar worthy. Worthy of the Oscar Mayer Bologna award.

Since I dispise Jim Carrey, Will Farrell, Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller. Almost anything of theirs has been about the Stupidest I've ever seen. With the exception of The Wedding Singer and the Fokker movies which were stupid, but in a funny sort of way.
    I normally go out of my way NOT to watch any of the movies the above actors are in.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I despise the same group, mrd, and yet each of them has managed to put out at least one movie that I've appreciated to some extent. And I actually bought Zoolander .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2782330;
    Gigli
    Ha! Short response...I zoned out and thought I was in the Fun & Games threads.

Gigli was absolutely awful, and I know it was reported at the time but I'd like to also say JLo and Ben had zero chemistry. On the other hand, Brad and Angelina in Mr. & Mrs. Smith oozed chemistry. I'm not surprised the former went kaput while the latter is still going strong.

Another really stupid movie was Crash. The film achieved nothing positive, said nothing positive, no matter what Hollywood believes about that sorry piece of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2783309;
    I am waiting to see Clooney's new movie Leatherheads since it was filmed here last year and everyone in town seemed to lose their heads over it. I hope its good, but I have a feeling.....

Dagwood, I'm sorry, yes Jaws 3D and 4 were both Oscar worthy. Worthy of the Oscar Mayer Bologna award.

Since I dispise Jim Carrey, Will Farrell, Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller. Almost anything of theirs has been about the Stupidest I've ever seen. With the exception of The Wedding Singer and the Fokker movies which were stupid, but in a funny sort of way.
    I normally go out of my way NOT to watch any of the movies the above actors are in.
    WOW!! Who knew that I dislike Carrey, Farrell, Sandler and Stiller also.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2783810;
    WOW!! Who knew that I dislike Carrey, Farrell, Sandler and Stiller also.
    I'm a fan of all four.
    That sounds like a law firm, doesn't it?

Open Water - another stupid movie

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Don't like Carrey, Farrell, Sandler or Stiller either.

Stupid movie - off the top of my head, "Dumb & Dumber". I went to sleep in the theater to keep from having to finish watching it. I can't imagine why they felt the need to make a sequel.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

OMG...once again it seems like I'm in the minority!

LOVED Titanic, ET and Dances with Wolves.

Out of the 4 comedians (Carrey, Ferrell, Stiller and Sandler), Stiller is my least favorite. I adore Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler makes me giggle (plus he likes English bulldogs) and my son thinks Jim Carrey is a god!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread