+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: What is the stupidest movie you've ever seen?

Fort Member

Re: What is the stupidest movie you've ever seen?

Close to being the worst movie i have ever sat through and definately, definately the stupidist movie is Benchsitters
    Its just really stupid, yet my nephews all love it, not because it is good but because it is so very, very, stupid

I also agree with Royal Tenenbaums as being one of the stupidist movies as well, just didnt get it i am afraid
    and can I also jump on the Twilight dislike bandwagon. Terrible movie I could not get past Kristans bad acting and Edwards extremely large forehead

Just watched Nights in Rodanthe with Richard Gere and Diane Lane - ugh
    the most manipulative tripe - overacted, overwrought and just a hot mess
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3953322;
    Just watched Nights in Rodanthe with Richard Gere and Diane Lane - ugh
    the most manipulative tripe - overacted, overwrought and just a hot mess
    As far as I'm concerned, the same epithets apply to any movie based on a Nicholas Sparks book (and probably the books as well - I'll never know because I'll never read one). I still cannot believe the outpouring of love for The Notebook - I watched it on television a while back to see what all the fuss was about, and I was honestly embarrassed for everyone involved in the making of such sentimental garbage.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3953363;
    As far as I'm concerned, the same epithets apply to any movie based on a Nicholas Sparks book (and probably the books as well - I'll never know because I'll never read one). I still cannot believe the outpouring of love for The Notebook - I watched it on television a while back to see what all the fuss was about, and I was honestly embarrassed for everyone involved in the making of such sentimental garbage.
    Wow, it's taken me years to find someone that agrees with me. I didn't even TRY to watch The Notebook. I did read the book because everyone told me how good it was. UGH, it was horrible crap and I now avoid his books at all cost.
    Just not my taste at all, although I'm sure that those that like them, are fine people. I don't care for them.

Stupidest movie I've recently tried to watch: The remake of All Quiet on the Western Front with Richard Thomas. I think it was remade in the early 80's.
    The book is a classic. The original movie is good. This one was so bad, I could only get about 30 min. into it and had to quit. Anything Richard Thomas was in, was horrible in my opinion. Except for the Walton's maybve,
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Hands down: Bruno. Awful movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3952055;
    It was a good screenplay and the films it was up against in its category were, to my mind, rather turgid. And Alan Arkin's performance was fantastic and truly deserving of an Oscar.

The movie you are referring to is actually called Immediate Family. Ordinary People starred Donald Sutherland and Mary Tyler Moore (I hated it - maudlin crap - how the hell it it win best picture?).
    You're right,Rattus. It's called Immediate Family. I think I wrote Ordinary People because I tried to sit through that stinker a couple of weeks ago and gave up after only a few minutes.

You know how certain actors always seem to spell death to whatever movie they're in? Well poor Donald Sutherland is that way to me. (excepting MASH) If he's in a movie it usually turns out to be a dud for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3952398;
    My husband and I text each other "Ool?" to ask if we're ready to have lunch together.
    That is so funny! My husband and I almost always tell our cat Macha to hold on, his 'ool' is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3964045;
    That is so funny! My husband and I almost always tell our cat Macha to hold on, his 'ool' is coming!
    So funny
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3953363;
    The ONLY reason I can sit through the Notebook (and it's not often, believe me!) is because of James Garner. I love that man. I could seriously watch him read the phone book and be perfectly happy. So for him alone, I can watch that dang movie (plus I FF through the other parts to get to his and Gena Rowlands).

Just not very often!!!

But no other Nicholas Sparks stuff - I've learned my lesson!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3960351;
    Hands down: Bruno. Awful movie!
    You're not kidding. I was scrolling through the HBO on Demand stuff, saw it listed, and started it up. Ten minutes in, I left the room to go do something more interesting. When I walked back in a bit later, there was a dancing/talking penis on my TV.

Absolutely the stupidest, most unfunny crapfest I've seen in years. Showgirls is no longer the worst movie I've ever watched.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread