+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: What is the stupidest movie you've ever seen?

Re: What is the stupidest movie you've ever seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3950561;
    The very worst movie I ever saw was in college. I could only watch about 15 minutes and I got VERY upset and started crying. It is very disturbing and BAD. It' called Blood Sucking Freaks and no, it's not about vampires.

I also disliked the movie Atonement. It was highly celebrated by critics, but I loathed it.
    Surprised to hear that.
    What about it did you dislike?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

There are so many bad ones its hard to know which to pick, but I'll go with a couple that were blockbusters and loved by most of the world:

Titanic. Thought it was schmaltzy, stupid script, bad acting, etc.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. That was just boring. We rented it and I ended up going to bed before it was over. I thought it would never end!

Another one I hated was Walk the Line. Very bad casting and they didn't have much to work with as far as the script went. I love Johnny and June, and this movie was just blah.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Two least favorite movies, based on how awful they were:

Elf with Will Ferrell

and

Witches of Eastwick with Cher
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3534814;
    Nothing but Trouble - horrible, just wretchedly bad

Chevy Chase, Dan Ackroyd, John Candy, Demi Moore and not one funny moment in the movie. wow.
    Wow--- wasn't that one a stinker??! My husband actually bought it in a sale bin at Walmart so I felt like I should give it a try, but it was terrible!

Ok, I'm probably the only Julia Roberts nonfan, but I can't stand her in movies. She always has to give that HUGE open mouthed laugh. (wait, I did like My Best Friends Wedding-- she was tolerable in that) Everyone else I know loves her.

My husband and I got a kick out of Caveman! Now this is embarrassing, but we can even speak using the language! I know,I know... We named our last cat The Macha because he was such a monster! How could you not love such a dumb tongue in cheek movie?
    Last edited by stcroix; 06-25-2010 at 10:53 PM.

The critics loved it but I thought The Royal Tenenbaums was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I was stuck in a theater with friends or I would have walked out (for the first time ever). Another in recent memory is The 40 Year Old Virgin.

I haven't liked anything Steve Carell has been in, so far. (I love The Office,tho) I HATED Little Miss Sunshine. How did that win an Oscar?!
    I don't like Diane Lane movies-- she's too 'camera happy' for me.
    Royal Tenenbaums-- bad!
    Sisters of the YaYa-- bad!
    Speed 2-- Unbearable! (the camera moving shakily around trying to simulate 'action' was nauseating.)

It's weird-- some movies I absolutely hate at the theatre, but later watching them on tv I like. I squirmed through Good Will Hunting at the show, but loved it when I rented it later. I've found others I thought were stinkers I ended up really liking when watching it on my little screen.

We should start a thread about movies you come across while skipping through the channels that you always seem to get pulled into and watch again. There's one called Ordinary People with James Woods and Glen Close that is cheesy, but I end up watching til the end every time! Also, if Fatal Attraction, Gone With the Wind, or for some reason Die Hard is on I'm hooked. There's others but can't think of them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3951939;
    I haven't liked anything Steve Carell has been in, so far. (I love The Office,tho) I HATED Little Miss Sunshine. How did that win an Oscar?!
    Royal Tenenbaums-- bad!
    Speed 2-- Unbearable! (the camera moving shakily around trying to simulate 'action' was nauseating.)

It's weird-- some movies I absolutely hate at the theatre, but later watching them on tv I like. I squirmed through Good Will Hunting at the show, but loved it when I rented it later. I've found others I thought were stinkers I ended up really liking when watching it on my little screen.

We should start a thread about movies you come across while skipping through the channels that you always seem to get pulled into and watch again. There's one called Ordinary People with James Woods and Glen Close that is cheesy, but I end up watching til the end every time! Also, if Fatal Attraction, Gone With the Wind, or for some reason Die Hard is on I'm hooked. There's others but can't think of them right now.
    I am the same way with Die Hard movies... If it's on then I watch it... My guilty pleasure though is anytime 'Working Girl' is on or the Goodbye Girl then I must watch it...
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

It was a good screenplay and the films it was up against in its category were, to my mind, rather turgid. And Alan Arkin's performance was fantastic and truly deserving of an Oscar.
    We should start a thread about movies you come across while skipping through the channels that you always seem to get pulled into and watch again. There's one called Ordinary People with James Woods and Glen Close that is cheesy, but I end up watching til the end every time!
    The movie you are referring to is actually called Immediate Family. Ordinary People starred Donald Sutherland and Mary Tyler Moore (I hated it - maudlin crap - how the hell it it win best picture?).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3951223;
    My husband and I got a kick out of Caveman! Now this is embarrassing, but we can even speak using the language! I know,I know... We named our last cat The Macha because he was such a monster! How could you not love such a dumb tongue in cheek movie?
    My husband and I text each other "Ool?" to ask if we're ready to have lunch together.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Royal Tenenbaums-- bad!

You might want to check out the very first film she ever appeared in. It was with Sir Laurence Olivier. She was 13 at the time. I don't know about "camera happy". I have always thought she was one of the most "natural" actors to ever appear on screen. The movie is called A Little Romance.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread