+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: What is the stupidest movie you've ever seen?

Re: What is the stupidest movie you've ever seen?

Quote Originally Posted by guttergal;3536087;
    Two movies I left the theater thinking, there’s a few hours of my life I will never get back; Sin City and Eyes Wide Shut. Another movie I could not stop watching on cable, I wanted to see how bad it would get; Wild at Heart with Nicholas Cage and Laura Dern. Just awful!
    Oh my gosh, Eyes Wide Shut made me want to do just that! I sat in that movie waiting, hoping and in utter disbelief that it couldn't be better but alas
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Fogey

Twilight I hated it. I thought Kristen Stewart was horrible, I thought Robert Pattinson was just ok, and there was not enough of Taylor Lautner. I saw no chemistry with Bella and Edward, the storyline had so many holes in it, and I scratch my head figuring out how it is such a beloved movie. I probably will be the only person to have stopped at the first installment, and pass on the sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3820626;
    Twilight I hated it. I thought Kristen Stewart was horrible, I thought Robert Pattinson was just ok, and there was not enough of Taylor Lautner. I saw no chemistry with Bella and Edward, the storyline had so many holes in it, and I scratch my head figuring out how it is such a beloved movie. I probably will be the only person to have stopped at the first installment, and pass on the sequels.
    Nope. You're not the only one. A friend gave me a copy for reasons I don't understand, so I watched it on the portable while doing some baking. It couldn't even hold my half-assed attention, never mind making me stop what I was doing to get fully involved (which happens with a lot of other movies while I'm performing menial tasks). And I have never felt compelled to give it another try, it was that dull.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Kiz

By far the stupidest movie (in my opinion only, as it gets rave reviews from others) was Terms of Endearment. My husband (then boyfriend and another couple went together to see it. I've never been so tempted to walk out of a movie before or since. At the end, the four of us were all in agreement that we'd rather hear nails across a blackboard for two hours. Then, on top of that, a man sitting directly in front of us was sobbing as the credits were running, and blew his nose in that loud honking way. By that point we were getting sort of giddy, and the four of us couldn't hold back our laughter. I'm sure the people around us thought we were insensitive to the plot of the movie, but in reality, we were just punch drunk. Eyes Wide Shut is my distant second inane movie, but thankfully I saw that on cable, and it was easy to turn off, and I didn't waste my money buying a ticket.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3820764;
    By far the stupidest movie (in my opinion only, as it gets rave reviews from others) was Terms of Endearment. My husband (then boyfriend and another couple went together to see it. I've never been so tempted to walk out of a movie before or since.
    Oh man, I hated that manipulative piece of crap so much that I absolutely refused to watch the sequel, even though Bill Paxton was in it and up to that point I had seen everything, and I mean everything, he had been in. There are some things that no amount of fandom can compel me to do.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3821037;
    Oh man, I hated that manipulative piece of crap so much that I absolutely refused to watch the sequel, even though Bill Paxton was in it and up to that point I had seen everything, and I mean everything, he had been in. There are some things that no amount of fandom can compel me to do.
    Thank you!! I noticed you couldn't even bring yourself to type the name of the movie..lol

I've wondered if my dislike of ToE was a little over the top, being that 25+ later I still remember just how much I detested it. At least now I know there are others who felt the same. I love your line.."manipulative piece of crap".
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Unfaithful
    Slow moving, boring, dragging, & could easily have been done in 1 Hr, with time to spare.
    I hated all of the characters, except the husband, & he bored me.
    The end was even worse. I wanted to at least see the resolution to it, since I'd just invested a couple of hours in it, but it was if they just ran out of film!! It just stopped with no resolution, & the end was even boring & made me dislike the couple even more. If I had been doing anything else at the time, I would have thought I missed something.

I absolutely HATE that kind of "end". At least give us some degree of resolution.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3820626;
    You aren't the only one. I thought it was an awful movie. I took my daughter to it since she is in looove with Robert Pattison. I thought this made Eyes Wide Shut look like a masterpiece (which means it is bad!). I don't get the hype. I also don't get how people can watch it over and over--like my daughter does. I actually paid her older sister to take her to new moon so I wouldn't have to watch it.

Inglorious Basterds by Quinton Tarantino. It started out well and gruesome and ended up stupid and I felt as if I was ripped off and I wanted my money back. Can't believe it is up for Best Picture.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

OK - this is a very, very OLD movie: The Tenant, directed by Roman Polanski. Came out in 1976. Awful! I saw it with my cousin and we thought it was ridiculous. It's about a guy who rents an apartment whose previous tenant committed suicide. Supposedly, it's about his descent into madness. We were mad to sit through the whole thing. One of the only scenes I can remember is the one where the current tenant finds a bloody tooth in the wall. Really?

+ Reply to Thread