+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield - 01/18/08

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Cloverfield - 01/18/08

January 18th, 2008
    Matt Reeves
    Drew Goddard
    Michael Stahl-David, Mike Vogel, Odette Yustman, Lizzy Caplan, Jessica Lucas, T. J. Miller
    Paramount Pictures
    Sci-Fi
    cloverfieldmovie.com

Five young New Yorkers throw their friend a going-away party the night that a monster the size of a skyscraper descends upon the city. Their video camera documents their attempt to survive the most surreal, horrifying event of their lives.

Cloverfield @ MovieTickets.com

I've been anticipating this movie since the first trailer hit. Probably the one good thing that Abrams did was get the internet buzz going, develop a fan base ahead of time.
    I totally want to see it at midnight but will have to wait 'til day light friday.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Re: Cloverfield - 01/18/08

my friends and I are going crazy about this movie.. too bad, that they'll see it earlier than me (since they are Americans unlike me). I just need to tell them to keep their mouths shut about the movie so it won't ruin anything.
    and I just hope it isn't a huge disappointment after watching the awesome trailers.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My son has been counting down the days until this movie. He and I are big "Lost" fans and hopefully we won't be disappointed with this movie.

We, unfortunately, can't go to a midnight showing of this one since its a school night. We'll have to hit the theater on Friday!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

They are not allowing any previews/reviews and doing a lot of advertising. This usually means it will be a bomb.

I read on another message board that there is speculation that this is somehow related to the Lost storyline in the future. That would make it interesting to me.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Yeah, i heard about that. They air the ads every 5 mins.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I don't want to see the movie the first week it comes out. I will wait until people go see it so I can hear the word of mouth. Plus I don't want to sit through the movie then they don't show what the monster is until the ending of the movie.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

We've pre-purchased tickets to this and will be seeing it tonight. I think it looks okay, but the boyfriend is totally pumped about it and has put together a "viewing party" with about 8 of our friends who will be going with us. It's a bit silly, IMO, but hey, it makes him happy and there's no harm in it...

buglover - I'll try to pop back online tonight or in the morning and post. Someone will probably beat me to it, but I'll check for you.
    Last edited by remote_goddess; 01-18-2008 at 05:04 PM. Reason: answering buglover

If anyone sees this movie today, please PM me what the heck the "thing" is supposed to be that is terrorizing the city.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2759591;
    If anyone sees this movie today, please PM me what the heck the "thing" is supposed to be that is terrorizing the city.
    It's apparently a
    Click to see Spoiler:
    sea monster
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

They have allowed some sort of previews / reviews of it, because many of the cast and crew on the Opie and Anthony show saw it this week, and Jeffrey Lyons was in their screening.

I had not heard of it until the cast was on their radio show this morning. This is normally not my kind of movie on many levels. But hearing them talk about it, I was uttely intrigued. I cannot wait to figure out a time to go and see it.

They did warn though that if you have any sort of problems with motion sickness you should sit in the bakc of the theater. Since everything was shot from hand held cameras, there's A LOT of motion in the shots.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast