+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield - 01/18/08

Re: Cloverfield - 01/18/08

Maybe they created the creature. Hmmm food for thought.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I looked around and the picture i posted is from www.011808.com Coming Soon!, they have more pictures there.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2760532;
    Well that brings to question something else then.....
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I was under the impression that in that last scene with Rob and Beth that that was old footage on the tape from when they went to Coney Island and not NEW footage of them together...I thought they died under the bridge. Am I wrong in that?

You're not wrong.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    All of the "flashback" footage of Rob and Beth is old. In the opening of the movie, Rob is taping and there is a date stamp of April 23. When they're under the bridge at the end of the movie and he's talking to the camera, he says its May 20-something. He realizes when they're still at the apartment that the tape in the camera wasn't change so he lost his footage of the day with Beth. The final scene was the end of their day at Coney Island a month before they died. I missed something falling from the sky, because I didn't read about that until after I saw it.

That's always the tricky thing with JJ Abrams -- if you read the spoilers beforehand, then you get to notice a lot more details that are built into everything he does. But if you read them, then you totaly miss out on the element of surprise.

I just saw this in the Lux Level at our theater in Randolph and all I can say is Oh My God! Just the kind of movie I needed to make sure my heart was still working. My only problem with it (and maybe someone has either already answered this or someone can answer it. Okay, so the videotape was of the entire attack leading right up to
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Beth and Rob being buried under the bridge.
    Now, the military had said that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    if they couldn't kill the creature, they were going to level the whole city.
    . So if they did that then
    Click to see Spoiler:
    how did they get the camera and how was it still in tact? Wouldn't the whole thing have been obliterated when they leveled the city?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2772546;
    I just saw this in the Lux Level at our theater in Randolph and all I can say is Oh My God! Just the kind of movie I needed to make sure my heart was still working. My only problem with it (and maybe someone has either already answered this or someone can answer it. Okay, so the videotape was of the entire attack leading right up to
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    how did they get the camera and how was it still in tact? Wouldn't the whole thing have been obliterated when they leveled the city?
    Not necessarily.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The goal of levelling the city was to eliminate all remaining life. There are still going to be some things left in tact -- rubble for the bridge as an example. So you work with that and a little suspension of disbelief, and buy the idea that the rubble "protected" the camera so the video was one thing preserved. After all, you've got to figure that Beth and Rob's bodies were also recovered, even though they were dead.

True. All in all I really loved it. Anyone that has a Showcase Cinema with a Lux Level should definitely spend the extra money on it. The food was really good and I had a really good time.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2772546;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Wow Nilesgirl, we were in the same theater on the same day. I and my kids thought the movie was awesome screw motion sickness. I think this was such a ride, like the first season of LOST, given the fact that it seemed so believable. I caught my 10 yr old looking up when we left the theater and he said " I'm not worried, strange things only happen in New York". Kids say the damndest things.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

LOL. Your 10 yr old is funny. I thought the movies was pretty good. It was better than I expected. People in my theater did get sick and left the theater early.

My husband and I went to see it tonight on a date. It was great. I didn't expect much of a plot. I went for the cheap thrills and boy did I get them! The theater had great sound too. It was one of those dinner and theater places where you can order meals and they give you the lighted buzzer thing to alert the servers. Well, you're supposed to put the buzzer on the ledge in front of you, and about 20 minutes in the bass was thumping so loudly that the buzzer fell. It was great!! It will be a good movie to own especially if you have a home theater system.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by John;2761014;
    According to Rolling Stone, Cloverfield is the name of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the military action
    . I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know how that fits.
    The title of the movie (which is so obscure and vague) is to throw audiences off! A very cunning technique, much like the viral adverts. of this film. Originally, they wanted to name the title of the movie "CHEESE."
    "Jade just needs to get laid. " - Nigel Barker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast