+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield - 01/18/08

Re: Cloverfield - 01/18/08

Well I had gone to the midnight showing of it. I liked the movie, the shaky camera didn't bother me because I got used to it pretty quickly. I liked the fact that everything wasn't explained because it made it seem more real than if everything was handed out to you. I also liked how some elements from the viral marketing hinted to the happenings in the movie

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My son and I just got back from seeing it and we both really liked it. I do agree that if you get motion sickness this movie might be a little tough on you! I liked the fact that there were not any big name actors (that I'm aware of) in this movie. I loved the character of Hud and thought he provided some much needed humor during parts of the movie.

I had seen a review of the show online today and it was a pretty good review. They did mention about how there were scenes that were reminiscent of 9/11 (rolling clouds of dust through the streets, etc).

I loved the theme music they were playing during the ending credits (ROAR!Cloverfield Overture).

Two questions that maybe someone can answer for me:

**Is there any significant meaning behind the name of the movie? I don't remember seeing or hearing any reference to Cloverfield during the movie and wondered how/why they came up with that name.

**For anyone that stayed throughout all of the credits shown at the end: Does anyone know what was whispered at the end? I had some teeny bopper girls who were running their mouths near me and I couldn't hear what was whispered on screen.

I think people are either going to like this movie or hate it...I don't know that there will be any middle ground for this one.

I'd like to see it again so I can concentrate more on the movie and less on straining to see the monster.....

Unless I missed it...I didn't see any tie-ins with Lost (other than a girl names Lilly)......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

bama.... there is no significance at all to the name "Cloverfield."

With all of the secrecy surrounding this movie for the last year or so, JJ Abrams and his directing partner decided to come up with a code name when they were talking about the movie in emails. They started calling it Cloverfield because that's the name of the street that JJ's office is on. Eventually that name just kind of stuck and they never bothered to change it, especially when spoilers started leaking with that name attached... they just figured "why bother?"

I JJ Abrams!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

**For anyone that stayed throughout all of the credits shown at the end: Does anyone know what was whispered at the end? I had some teeny bopper girls who were running their mouths near me and I couldn't hear what was whispered on screen.
    It's mixed nuts, kind of. I had to disappear into the ladies room so i didnt stay.
    Online, ive read everything from someone saying, "it's still alive!" to:
    After the credits, footage is seen of Rob and Beth on vacation in front of a body of water. You see something drop from the sky into the water behind them. Cuts to black. You hear a male whisper, "What now?" End.

eta: Cloverfield whisper reverse: listen online
    Last edited by Amy Lee; 01-19-2008 at 01:58 AM.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Well in the movie at the beginning it states that Cloverfield is the codename of the case file of the event....... at least i think that's what i read..

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2760292;
    It's mixed nuts, kind of. I had to disappear into the ladies room so i didnt stay.
    Online, ive read everything from someone saying, "it's still alive!" to:
    After the credits, footage is seen of Rob and Beth on vacation in front of a body of water. You see something drop from the sky into the water behind them. Cuts to black. You hear a male whisper, "What now?" End.

eta: Cloverfield whisper reverse: listen online
    Aww hell...I didn't see anything fall from the sky.....
    Well that brings to question something else then.....
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I was under the impression that in that last scene with Rob and Beth that that was old footage on the tape from when they went to Coney Island and not NEW footage of them together...I thought they died under the bridge. Am I wrong in that?

I also love JJ Abrams Broadway! Its safe to say that my son probably idolizes the man!!!

To show just how much JJ Abrams follows through with everything he does...the characters in the movie even have Myspaces...... WOW!
    Rob Hawkins
    Beth McIntyre
    Lily Ford
    Hud
    Jason Hawkins
    Jamie I don't remember her...
    Marlena

HUD and Rob have Lost as one of their favorite TV shows....Jason is listed as JJ (kudos to JJ Abrams!)
    Last edited by bbnbama; 01-19-2008 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2760532;
    Aww hell...I didn't see anything fall from the sky.....
    Well that brings to question something else then.....
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I was under the impression that in that last scene with Rob and Beth that that was old footage on the tape from when they went to Coney Island and not NEW footage of them together...I thought they died under the bridge. Am I wrong in that?

I also love JJ Abrams Broadway! Its safe to say that my son probably idolizes the man!!!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Yeah, i was wondering about that too. It's not new and if i have it right, i did see that ending, i just don't recall something falling into the water. Also,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    . Do you recall seeing this?

To show just how much JJ Abrams follows through with everything he does...the characters in the movie even have Myspaces...... WOW!
    Rob Hawkins
    Beth McIntyre
    Lily Ford
    Hud
    Jason Hawkins
    Jamie I don't remember her...
    Marlena

HUD and Rob have Lost as one of their favorite TV shows....Jason is listed as JJ (kudos to JJ Abrams!)
    I found it a little silly to have them all login yesterday. Including Marlena(if you saw the fate she met). For Lily, it's plausible but i still find it laughable.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

I didn't see that in the movie (that I can recall)...surely I would have remembered that.....could that be a cut scene from the movie?

I think, this is going to be a movie that I need to see again.....

I don't recall it either, though i hope it is from the movie. I kind of want to go see it again.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

According to Rolling Stone, Cloverfield is the name of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the military action
    . I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know how that fits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast