+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ps I Love You

FORT Newbie

Ps I Love You

Starring: Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler, Lisa Kudrow, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Gina Gershon, and Kathy Bates

I saw this movie tonight, it was SOOOOO GOOOOOD, you should all see this movie asap, Hilary Swank was beautiful in it, i could watch her forever

Re: Ps I Love You

i wanted to see it, but i haven't been reading good reviews, not that a critic's opinion is gospel, but when i tend to read that many negative reviews, i tend to wait for dvd, i love gerald butler though

I want to see this. It looks like a super cry fest. Plus: JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN! *yum*
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

LG.

ack, I can't even stand to watch that ads for this, let alone see the movie.

P.S. hand me a barf bag.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I normally don't do chick flicks but might just to see Gerard Butler. 'Sides there is a real lack of any good Christmas movies. I have see the Water Horse and National Treasure 2, which were OK B movies but not great. I mean we had Narnia last year. Legend seemed a poor remake and I am not up to spening $10 on that. Enchanted, Alvin...please shoot me now. I may do it for the kids though. Alien vs Predator total yuck factor there. I tend to like epics and action flicks and scifi and fantasy but there is nothing to watch. I guess we didn't know how lucky we were the last 3 yrs having the Lord of the Rings to look forward to. I know Prince Caspian was scheduled for a winter release why did they hold off??? I know this is all a total sidebar but the holidays is a one part of the yr I have time to spend with the family and to indulge in movies and dreams and it seems so lacking this yr.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Saw it tonight and it was better than I thought it would be. Gerard Butler was great.

Can anyone tell me what this is about and if you had to rate it on a scale of 1-10, 10 being go see it now what would you rate it and why?

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird;2744416;
    Can anyone tell me what this is about and if you had to rate it on a scale of 1-10, 10 being go see it now what would you rate it and why?
    This is a story about Holly. She got married to Gerry when she was 19 and he was about 25. Gerry's mom hates Holly and Holly's mom hates Gerry. Both moms think their children married too young and that it won't last. 10yrs later Gerry has a brain tumor and dies at 35. Holly has only known one man in her life and has not really found what she wants to do with her life as she studied art in university but has not done anything with it. She has no career and goes from job to job looking for the perfect position and boss. Gerry would like to start a family but Holly does not feel ready, that you need to plan for things like this. Gerry is a big, grab life and enjoy it to the fullest so he and Holly knock heads abit. Anyway Holly is devistated by Gerry's death and her family and friends want her to move on. Gerry knew she would have problems moving on so he wrote a series of letters with things she had to do. Much of the movie is Holly reading the letters and doing the tasks that Gerry's wants her to. There are brillant flashbacks showing how Holly and Gerry met and other incidents in her life. The editing is done well. This movie could have fallen into a typical chick flick, girl loses boy, girl meets boy and is OK. But the writers go beyond that. Holly grows up and can stand on her own and have a life by herself and does not need to depend on a man but chooses to share her life with one. The story also shows that the grief process can take a yr or two and sometimes the person left behind gets ticked off at her friends because they no longer grief with her but have gone on with their lives.

I enjoyed the movie. Both the book which is based in Dublin and the movie have recieved reviews which say it stank and other who luv'd it. It is perphaps targets an audience which may perfer "romance novels" vs "great literature". It is a light hearted film. I loved the music and was very impressed with Gerard Butler. I had seen his performance as King Leonidis in The 300 and wanted to see how he would as another character. I did like how the story did approach the grief process and sometimes in our fast paced technical culture there is not a lot of patience and understanding that it is a process and takes time to move on. I did feel that the movie did not sink to the standard cliches and did rise above. I would give it a 7.5 - 8.0 rating. Very much a B+ movie. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the review, now I got to get the boyfriend to go. lol

Oh, I really liked the sound track. I don't get a chance to listen to much music anymore and it was a treat.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-07-2008 at 10:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast