+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Peter Jackson to make "The Hobbit"

Re: Peter Jackson to make "The Hobbit"

Peter Jackson just released production video #3: ‪THE HOBBIT, Production Video #3 [HD]‬‏ - YouTube

There's a lot of footage of the dwarves on set and in costume, as well as the scenes in the cave with Gollum. Make sure you watch until the very end!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks for the links to those production videos, Critical. They made the Tolkien nerd in me very happy. I can't wait for the first movie, dec 2012 seems so far away!

The first trailer was released today: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Announcement Trailer - YouTube

Cannot. Wait.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Saw the trailer. What fun. Loved the dwarves singing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Count me in among those who cannot wait for this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Between the new Hobbit trailer and video production diary #5 on Youtube, I'm ridiculously excited for December 2012.

The rumors were true. We're going to get 3 movies: 'The Hobbit 3': Peter Jackson Confirms Third 'Hobbit' Film Set For Summer 2014 Release

Not sure how I feel about this. There's obviously enough material there, especially if you include the appendices of The Return of the King. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The article I linked to above contains all of the production videos from the set of the movie if anyone missed them

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I've seen the trailer a couple of times now in the theaters and cannot wait until December!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

My husband and I saw Prometheus in IMAX 3D earlier this year and they showed an extended trailer for the Hobbit. It was awesome. In IMAX 3D. And the sound was amazing, especially when the dwarves were singing in Bilbo's house. The rumble through the theater was awe-awe-awesome. So I made him promise to take me to see it in IMAX. I honestly can't think of a movie I've been more excited to see. Maybe I was just as excited for the Two Towers.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

CBS Sunday Morning had a delightful piece on Andy Serkis and the creation of Gollum. Peter Jackson is interviewed for the piece.

Andy Serkis: The actor inside a character's skin - CBS News

If you look through the photo section for him on the main page CBS Sunday Morning - Videos, Interviews, Arts, Commentary - CBS News, it takes a look back through his acting career and his passion for imaging.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-09-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread