+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Am Legend

Re: I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;2726651;
    Krom: I didn't read the book so I didn't know about the ending change, but now I am very interested. would it be possible for you to PM me sometime with a little more explination of it. Such as
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what did you mean about him being the monster? was it because he was killing all of those infected people? Because it's not like he created the virus in the first place, and in the movie they make it seem like he was doing everything in his power to try to save a doomed species anyway
    ClosetNerd, google the wiki entry for I Am Legend, I think it pretty much explains the premise of the book or was it a novella.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Basically from the hero's point of view he is killing the monsters created by the virus. But from the new humans, the survivors of the virus point of view Neville is the monster (who kills them). To the new humans Neville is the monster that will one day be the legendary boogie man.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thanks Bearcata that was what I was looking for
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2726486;
    Soylent Green IS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, god, I hope they do not remake that one. The original was so good.

I guess all the remakes because they can't come up with any really great new ideas?????
    Soylent Green was based on a book called "Make Room, Make Room!"

I'd wonder if they'd go back to the original title to differentiate, except... that title kind of sucks.

As with "I Am Legend", the book vs. all of its movie versions, the actual book of "Make Room" is quite different. The movie probably was more clever, actually.

As for other dystopian remakes, I HAVE heard that Logan's Run is in the works somewhere.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I read that!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

MRD

Loved Logan's run. My husband will be so happy. He was talking about that movie the other day.

So now they should do a remake of Futureworld and Westworld. We watched Westworld a couple months ago and I had to laugh at the special effects. I remember seeing that WAY back when and thinking how COOL it was.

But which cool actor could take on Tres' Cool Yule Brenner's role in that one?

I just read that Logan's Run will be released in 2010 and instead of life ending at 30, it will be 21 in the new movie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

i think this movie started off strong, then just went downhill after the major turning point.....very disappointing, i think it had potential, i think it just poorly written....i read the movie got the green light before a script was written! no wonder it was written so bad

i thought in a way it was kinda scary, definitely had an element of fear to it

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;2731603;
    i think this movie started off strong, then just went downhill after the major turning point.....very disappointing, i think it had potential, i think it just poorly written....i read the movie got the green light before a script was written! no wonder it was written so bad

i thought in a way it was kinda scary, definitely had an element of fear to it
    exactly how i felt!. i felt underwelmed. i said to myself maybe i was excepting too much after reading the reviews

Reading your reviews, I think I will hold off until it comes out on DVD. My son really wants to see it, however spending nearly 10 bucks for a movie that may disappoint is not my way of having a good time. Thanks to all who sat through it to let us know!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I liked it and i want to see it again.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

elk

I thought this film was really well done. Will Smith keeps evolving into a better actor all the time; I was touched by his performance. This is one that has had me thinking about it since I saw it 3 days ago.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast