+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Am Legend

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: I Am Legend

Katydyd:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Yes he does die..as does his dog...definite tearjerker
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thanks bbnbama! That definately makes my decision!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

We're planning to see this one this weekend. My girls are with their dad this year for Christmas, and I'm feeling a little bummed about it, so boyfriend said we'd have a movie fest the weekend before - we're planning to get there when they open and see film after film until they close! This is my number one pick. I love Will Smith, and am eager to see what he does with this role. Glad it's getting such good reviews!

I'm never sure about movies headlined by Will "Welcome to Earf" Smith as he gets a pretty mixed bag, but the fact that the creatures are voiced by Mike Patton might convince me to check this one out.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I don't know who Mike Patton is but if he is the voice of the creatures..then that is one helluva scary voice he has!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I just got back from seeing this, and yes big tearjerker. Ay yai yai. Will Smith played the roll wonderfully. He captured the downward spiral of of a man in isolation very well, and was not campy at all
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

If they are redoing all of the apocalyptic Charlton Heston films (remember, Planet of the Apes got redone too), I wonder who gets to star in the Soylent Green remake?

Robin Williams?

OK, this will will sound crazy, but I know how the book ends. Could someone please spoiler me
    Get spoiled here: I Am Legend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The thing about this version of the movie is that its really bastardized the book. A lot of adaptions do that, but in this case
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the ending and message are completely reversed. In the book, Neville actually finds out that HE is more of a monster than the obvious ones in the story. He dies for his sins and is "Legend" in the sense that he becomes this fabled killer of the innocent, as well as the guilty. In the fancy Will Smith vehicle, he's the predictable Hollywood hero, even if he tragically dies, who is back to the predictable Hollywood thing of being a savior.
    Last edited by Krom; 12-18-2007 at 12:42 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2726312;
    If they are redoing all of the apocalyptic Charlton Heston films (remember, Planet of the Apes got redone too), I wonder who gets to star in the Soylent Green remake?

Robin Williams?

]

Soylent Green IS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, god, I hope they do not remake that one. The original was so good.

I guess all the remakes because they can't come up with any really great new ideas?????
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Krom: I didn't read the book so I didn't know about the ending change, but now I am very interested. would it be possible for you to PM me sometime with a little more explination of it. Such as
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what did you mean about him being the monster? was it because he was killing all of those infected people? Because it's not like he created the virus in the first place, and in the movie they make it seem like he was doing everything in his power to try to save a doomed species anyway

About remaking old or foriegn movies: I read somewhere that it's not because Hollywood has run out of ideas.. But because they want to bring these movies to a whole new generation who might not have ever experienced them another way. Either because they are too young or too, um "American" ? I don't know, as an excuse it does sound plausable. *giggle*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast