+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which movies left you thinking

Which movies left you thinking

that there was a big chunk missing or the director was on drugs (I'm serious)
    I was very disapointed when I went to see Eyes Wide Shut as I'm a big Stanley Kubrick movie lover.
    I was just stunned for lack of a better word.

I was thinking because Mr. Kubrick was ill at the time maybe he rushed it.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Fade to black
    Whoever was the idiot that made Freddie Got Fingered. I made it through about 3 minutes of that.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas! That's one crazy film.... lol.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Primal Fear. Fantastic movie.
    ďIn Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders donít vant to be general.Ē Sasha Pivovarova

I think Stevie kind of threw you for a loop with the misleading title of this thread Raindance. I believe she was asking what movies felt like they had big chunks missing or that the director was "on drugs".

I agree Primal Fear is a good movie, and probably doesn't belong in that category.

I think the movie Time and Tide was good, but it did feel like there were chunks missing. As for drugs, I would have to say Straight To Hell...those movie makers had to be on serious drugs. But I love it.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Pulp Fiction left me feeling like i missed something. And, i think the movie makers were definitely on drugs.

Originally posted by Zhora
    I think Stevie kind of threw you for a loop with the misleading title of this thread Raindance. I believe she was asking what movies felt like they had big chunks missing or that the director was "on drugs".

I agree Primal Fear is a good movie, and probably doesn't belong in that category.

I think the movie Time and Tide was good, but it did feel like there were chunks missing. As for drugs, I would have to say Straight To Hell...those movie makers had to be on serious drugs. But I love it.
    . Oops, my bad.

Thanks for clarifying, Zhora!
    ďIn Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders donít vant to be general.Ē Sasha Pivovarova

cider house rule??
    i kind of like this movie...sets me thinking about life and all....
    you know...like..is there anybody precious whom i've 'accidentally' left out
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

It's gotta be A.I. Artificial Intelligence--the infamous last thirty minutes, especially.

By this point, the g/f and I were laughing at everything that seemed unintentionally funny, especially "Teddy."

When Teddy showed up in the last scene to watch the robot and his "mother" sleeping, the g/f and I started both screaming in fear at Teddy and laughing our asses off.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

first of all, sorry I made this thread the way I did. Did not mean to throw ya there Rain. BTW Primal Fear was excellent and i saw you asking about it on DVD in another thread. It's pretty old - you could get in on tape or DVD for sure now.

I LOVE PULP FICTION! Quentin Tarention (sp) he's amazing.

The first time I saw that - I saw the "3rd story" next time -saw the middle--
    then I finally watched it from beginning to end and it's one of my favorites now. I think if I had not watched it in the wacky order I did, I would feel the same way Glenna.
    ----
    I can't remember Cider House Rules. I don't like Toby and I didn't think Michael Caine should have won an Oscar.
    --the book was very good though.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast