+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beowulf - 3D

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Beowulf - 3D

Just saw this in the theater last night and was totally blown away. I guess I'm a bit behind the times, since it was my first 3D movie experience, but I thought it was amazing. The movie itself was pretty great, but seeing it on a huge screen, the three dimensional aspect was breathtaking. I literally jumped and dodged and winced in my seat many, many times. It was pretty graphic: the gore and the nudity and the battle scenes were so well done. The digital animation enhancements (especially faces) were off-putting at first, but you get used to it. It was worth the $11 ticket price, IMO.

Anyone else been to see this one yet? What did you think?

Re: Beowulf - 3D

It was my first 3D movie too! We went to see it at the Imax when it first opened and we were pretty impressed with it. I didn't like the way the eyes looked so...dead, but once I got over that I really liked it.

My sweetie is interested in seeing this. I didn't know it was 3D. I just don't want to be scared to death and have bad dreams! Is it really gory?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

It's graphic but not scary. I loved it, and I wasn't really expecting to. I think they have the 3D version and the regular version, but I'd recommend seeing it in 3D - it's amazing.

At the 3D version you have to wear those stupid glasses with one red lens and one greeen lens. If you already wear glasses that is really not comfortable.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

No, the new 3D versions do not have the paper glasses with one red/one blue lens... they are plastic, like sunglasses and have clear lenses that are textured. I know, sounds weird, but it is the texture of the lens that makes it 3D. And they fit right over regular glasses, so I had no problems at all.

They are goofy, but it's dark, and it's okay to be goofy if no one can see you!

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2718615;
    No, the new 3D versions do not have the paper glasses with one red/one blue lens... they are plastic, like sunglasses and have clear lenses that are textured. I know, sounds weird, but it is the texture of the lens that makes it 3D. And they fit right over regular glasses, so I had no problems at all.

They are goofy, but it's dark, and it's okay to be goofy if no one can see you!
    Oh, I wish I had known that. When I went to the theatre I asked the ushers and they said yeah there are glasses and I assumed they were the old style paper 3D glasses. Thanks for the info. Duh, the ushers could have shown me. Oh well next time I will know and try it.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 12-13-2007 at 03:37 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread