+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Mist

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

The Mist

Anybody?

I read the short story about 25 years ago, and when I saw the promo on TV, some mist...and a supermarket...I instantly knew exactly what it was! I always thought it would make a great movie, and couldn't wait to see it. Steven King doesn't always translate to the screen well, but this one hits the mark.

Hope someone else saw it and enjoyed it, too....?

Re: The Mist

I haven't seen it but like you I read the book 20 yrs ago and as soon as I saw the promo I knew what it was. That short story really stuck with me. Probably because it gets really foggy where I live and sometimes when I have to be at work really early I get creeped out driving in it. It reminds me of the story. I doubt I'll be able to watch the movie. I would be to scared to go out in the fog later.

Frank Darabont directing can't hurt a bit (Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile). He's done the best job translation Mr. King to the screen.

Well, actually, he equals David Cronenberg and The Dead Zone.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

This is one of my favorite Stephen King short stories, closely behind Shawshank. I'm glad to read some good reviews for it. I haven't been out to see it yet but hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can catch it.

The story is unforgettable. I've never felt comfortable with fog since. The movie "The Fog" is not what comes to mind when I see a "mist". It's that surpermaket, that lakehouse...that pharmacy (!) that comes to mind, along with the...um..variety that's in the mist.

Go see it if you can. The movie really brings the story to life, and you know what I mean.

Can't wait to see this! "The Mist" is one of my all-time favourite Stephen King stories.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

geek the girl! Go see it! You won't be disappointed. Marcia Gay Harden plays Mrs. Carmody, and she's diabolically fantastic! You'll have a great time.

+ Reply to Thread