+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holiday releases

MRD

Re: Holiday releases

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2688721;
    I was planning on my next movie being National Treasure 2 -
    but, there is an Alvin and the Chipmunks live action movie coming out right before that.

I guess I get to see 2 movies in December. Even though I will be on crutches for most of it - I'll manage.
    Schmoo I'm with you. I want to see the Chipmunks.

I LOVE Alvin and the Chipmunks and I was SO excited to see the trailer for it. I still have my chipmunks records from when I was a kid and I even have their Christmas music one. Since my family does not share the chipmunk love, I wish I could go with Schmoo. I'd even carry your popcorn for you while you navigate on crutches.

I want to see National Treasure 2 as well. Wish it had been out yesterday. Sweeny Todd, not sure about that one. I LOVE me some Johnny Depp, but I don't know if I can watch that one. (it looks like horror and I don't do horror. Anyone give me a better heads up on what its about?)

Superbrat, my family really liked Mr. Magorium. I wanted to like it, but I just really didn't. I don't know why.

I want to see August Rush now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It'll definitely be a horror film, mrd. Sweeney Todd was a fictionalized account of a demon barber (not of Seville ) who killed his clients. If I am remembering correctly, he became a serial killer after being falsely imprisoned and then coming home to find that his wife killed herself after being raped by the very judge that imprisoned him... who then also "kidnapped" his daughter. Now how it all plays out, I have no idea, but... with it being a Tim Burton film I expect it to be a bit toooooo dark and quirky for my taste. Not your typical lighthearted Christmas fare.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

What no one besides me saw Beowulf??

Is Enchanted good, the critics said it was a bit heavy in places.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

MRD

My daughter loves horror and she loves Tim Burton. I may have to skip this Johnny Depp film. Sounds too dark for me. Not your average Christmas movie, for sure. I did like Edward Scissorhands and that "window" one where he was the author living alone (can't think of the title). My favorite Johnny Depp movie was Chocolat.

It was hard enough to read Beowulf back in 10th grade. Did not want to relive that experience through film. Although I'm sure my 10th grade English teacher is aghast (he'd be proud of that vocabulary word. ) at the fact that there is a film version and that its been all "hollywooded" up with special effects.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2689600;
    It'll definitely be a horror film, mrd. Sweeney Todd was a fictionalized account of a demon barber (not of Seville ) who killed his clients. If I am remembering correctly, he became a serial killer after being falsely imprisoned and then coming home to find that his wife killed herself after being raped by the very judge that imprisoned him... who then also "kidnapped" his daughter. Now how it all plays out, I have no idea, but... with it being a Tim Burton film I expect it to be a bit toooooo dark and quirky for my taste. Not your typical lighthearted Christmas fare.
    And his landlady bakes his victims into pies. Lovely!

I don't want to see Beowulf, reading it was enough.

Enchanted was good, Bearcata. Most of the review I've read about it have been overwhelmingly positive (rather rare for a commercial release).

I want to see National Treasure 2 as well. PS I Love You looks good but I can't stand Hillary Swank. Too bad.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Go see Beowulf there is a big diff between reading and Old English translation and the movie. I think quite a few people are bitching that the GCI version is not following the original plot. Uh, since when does Hollywood ever think the plot of a popular story is ever good enough for a movie, they always do a rewrite.

There is quite a cute scene in the beginning where Beowulf is naked but we never see full frontal male nudity because they did an Austin Powers and always had an object in front.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2691029;
    Go see Beowulf there is a big diff between reading and Old English translation and the movie.
    Honestly, it's not even that I disliked reading it that much (though my flippant comment earlier might make it seem that way). I have seen the clips of the movie but it holds no appeal for me.

Reading through the holiday movie guides this movie season, I don't find that many movies I want to see, really.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12