+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lars and the Real Girl

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Lars and the Real Girl

When my S.O. told me we were off to see a movie about a guy fixated on an inflatable sex doll I was really ready to draw the line....but it was terrific. A really good, well acted, quite funny, heartwarmer about the pluses of life in a small town...and a great date flick. AND there's no doll/human sex! By the end you could clearly see where it was going, but the trip was so enjoyable you didn't even care. I really recommend it. It's not playing everywhere, but often it gets one theater in a multiplex.

Re: Lars and the Real Girl

I keep telling everyone and anyone that I cannot wait to see this. Everyone asks me what it's about, I tell them and they look at me like I was nuts. I don't want to go by myself, but darn it, if it comes to that, I will. I'm glad to hear it's worth it.

I wasn't intending to see this, but will look and see if it's playing nearby. If so, I'll go by myself today because I need to get away from everyone for a few hours.
    Count your blessings!

It really didnt look like my type of movie...but I like Ryan, and there have been so many good things said about it, maybe I will. So much I want to see coming up lol
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;2663662;
    It really didnt look like my type of movie...but I like Ryan, and there have been so many good things said about it, maybe I will. So much I want to see coming up lol
    I know... that's what I thought...but if you like small, quirky, positive, feel good movies...this is for you! OK, don't want to oversell it!!

It wasn't playing nearby, but I remember them advertising it a few weeks ago as a coming attraction, so maybe next week.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I guess it's getting a "slow roll out".

I actually can't wait to see it. I love these quirky type of movies... and I LOVE me some RyanG! *dreamboat*
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread