+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tv movies

Re: Tv movies

Do mini-series count? My favorites were The Blue and the Gray, all three North and South and Winds of War (own them all on DVD).

Getting to the cheesy factor, Star (starring Jennie Garth) always seems to be on tv when I'm clicking channels.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2691666;
    The Stand was a great miniseries....except for the casting of Molly Ringwald as Fran. She is NOT Fran. (No, I will never get over it )
    Nor will I dagwood, nor will I .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I loved The Stand too! Loved Gary Sinise and Jamey Sheridan!!! I also loved "Lonesome Dove".
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

I think Roots, The Stand and the ones speedbunp mentioned were good too.

And also Rich man, Poor man.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I don't have any favorite Made-For-TV movies, but what I do miss is the era of the great mini-series. And I miss seeing the King of the Mini-series in them -- Richard Chamberlain.

Both times it was shown, I was glued to the tv when Shogun was aired. Both the original 12-hour version and then the shortened version. I read the book too, but the mini-series was good television! I have the full version on DVD and I treasure it.

I also loved Roots, Centennial (love Robert Conrad as well as Richard Chamberlain), Backstairs at The White House, North and South, Masada (oh, this was an excellent mini-series!), Rich Man Poor Man (yes, Nick Nolte actually looked handsome at one time ).

I liked The Thorn Birds only because of Richard Chamberlain, but it wasn't one of the best. And while it was still a mini-series, I loved 'V' (though it later became a regular tv series).

And any of Sidney Sheldon's books that were turned into mini-series were great.

So for me, best mini-series ever was Shogun, and best mini-series star was Richard Chamberlain.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2692386;
    I don't have any favorite Made-For-TV movies, but what I do miss is the era of the great mini-series. And I miss seeing the King of the Mini-series in them -- Richard Chamberlain.

Both times it was shown, I was glued to the tv when Shogun was aired. Both the original 12-hour version and then the shortened version. I read the book too, but the mini-series was good television! I have the full version on DVD and I treasure it.

I also loved Roots, Centennial (love Robert Conrad as well as Richard Chamberlain), Backstairs at The White House, North and South, Masada (oh, this was an excellent mini-series!), Rich Man Poor Man (yes, Nick Nolte actually looked handsome at one time ).

I liked The Thorn Birds only because of Richard Chamberlain, but it wasn't one of the best. And while it was still a mini-series, I loved 'V' (though it later became a regular tv series).

So for me, best mini-series ever was Shogun, and best mini-series star was Richard Chamberlain.

Forgot about Sidney Sheldon. Used to read his books and watch is mini-series made from them.

I unfortunately never got into Shogun. I tried, but I couldn't.

I got to see Richard Chamberlin play Captain Von Trapp in a touring production of The Sound of Music a few years ago. He did a great job as did everyone, including the kids.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2692386;

Thanks for reminding me about North and South and Masada and V. I loved watching Shogun and North and South as my mom and I watched together and it was a great bonding experience. And yes, Richard Camberlein and Patrick Swayze were totally hot in their roles.

As as far as Sidney Sheldon to me he is on par with Danielle Steel; I totally avoid them at all costs.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12