+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: National Treasure 2

National Treasure 2

Just saw the new National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets trailer on Yahoo! and it looks really good!
    National Treasure: Book of Secrets trailer & video clips on Yahoo! Holiday Movie Guide

I really liked the first one but this one looks like it might be even better!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Re: National Treasure 2

Oh, I loved National Treasure! I hadn't heard they were making a sequel, and I'm happy to hear it. If it's anywhere near as good as the original, I'm dying to see it.

Thanks for the news, Toby!

ETA: I just went to watch that trailer you posted a link for. Wow, looks great! Can't wait!
    Last edited by Nemeses; 11-06-2007 at 07:44 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I haven't watched the trailer, but I've been eagerly awaiting the film. I very much enjoyed the first one and have high hopes for this new one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I saw the trailer for this about a month ago and squealed! The first movie is one of my brother's favorites... so he's kept up about the filming of this one.

Imagine my surprise when watching the trailer to see that the absolutely adorable, smokin' HOT Ed Harris is in NT2!!!!! That alone will make me stay in the theater watching this one over and over and over....

I was really surprised that I liked the first National Treasure, because I hate Nic Cage! After Raising Arizona I can't think of one good movie he's been in. So I'm really looking forward to this one!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2653104;
    Imagine my surprise when watching the trailer to see that the absolutely adorable, smokin' HOT Ed Harris is in NT2!!!!! That alone will make me stay in the theater watching this one over and over and over....
    Ed Harris is one of the most underrated actors of the past 20 years, in my opinion. Loved him in The Rock, especially. But he really brings it to the part in whatever movie he's in. Not classically attractive, but he really grows on a person, and add that to his likeability factor, I think he's attractive in a unique way. He's got a wonderful smile.

In fact, I just realized that he and Nic Cage played against each other wonderfully in The Rock, also. They work together well.

Quote Originally Posted by Burntbrat
    I was really surprised that I liked the first National Treasure, because I hate Nic Cage! After Raising Arizona I can't think of one good movie he's been in. So I'm really looking forward to this one!
    I actually am not a fan of Nic Cage, either. In fact, it was also Raising Arizona that did it for me, too, I really disliked him in that film, and it always colored my opinion of him after that. But then I happened to catch him in a few other films I watched because the story plots seemed good or there was another actor/actress in a film with him that I liked. The Rock is a good example. I love Sean Connery and Ed Harris, so will watch anything they're in. And I was surprised to see that Nic was good in it. He was also pretty good in Con Air, and that surprised me, too. I waited to see National Treasure when it came out on DvD because, once again, I didn't want to see a Nic Cage film when it was out in the theatre. But again, I was surprised.

So all in all, I'm finding my opinion on Nic has been revised, against my will, lol. I don't find him attractive at all, but he's been in several good films since Raising Arizona. Who'dathunk it?
    Last edited by Nemeses; 11-06-2007 at 11:32 PM.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

LOVED the first National Treasure. It was so fun! Can't wait to see the sequel. And Ed Harris ...Hubba-Hubba!! One of my favorite Ed Harris roles was in Apollo 13.

How fun!! I really enjoyed the first one, a definate throwback to the original Indiana Jones and Romancing the Stone type of movies. Can anyone tell me when it's due out? We have a family tradition of a movie every Christmas day and this one would be great. Controversy aside (way aside) we were thinking of "Golden Compass" but my son just isn't sure he can wait a whole 3 weeks after it comes out to see it

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;2653697;
    Can anyone tell me when it's due out? We have a family tradition of a movie every Christmas day and this one would be great.
    Sounds like this one might fit your tradition nicely, Katydyd, since it's release date is December 21, 2007. You'd only have to wait 4 days

Hubby and I have a similar tradition, except our reserved day to watch a movie in our favorite theater is on New Year's Day. I look forward to that each year. National Treasure 2 might work great for us on that day also.

Thanks Nemeses!! Sounds perfect! Now I'm doubly looking forward to Christmas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast