+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: National Treasure 2

FORT Fanatic

Re: National Treasure 2

We went to see it. It is good for a sequel. You know how in the first one you have to suspend the desire to say " that wouldn't happen" now and then? Well you REALLY have to switch into that mode in this one. Once you do that it is enjoyable and the humor is fun again too. Things just happen a little too easy once again like in the first one when he dug about 6 inches of snow poured a little water and viola' there was " the Charlotte" ! That sort of easy stuff happens a lot in this one. I love that they recast everyone! Even the agents were the same which was great.

One other thought it looks like everyone has been in a mystic tan booth and I would have liked the ending to be a bit more it just sort of ends.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2732366;
    We went to see it. It is good for a sequel. You know how in the first one you have to suspend the desire to say " that wouldn't happen" now and then? Well you REALLY have to switch into that mode in this one. Once you do that it is enjoyable and the humor is fun again too. Things just happen a little too easy once again like in the first one when he dug about 6 inches of snow poured a little water and viola' there was " the Charlotte" ! That sort of easy stuff happens a lot in this one. I love that they recast everyone! Even the agents were the same which was great.

One other thought it looks like everyone has been in a mystic tan booth and I would have liked the ending to be a bit more it just sort of ends.
    But I think it ends that way because it leaves it completely open for a 3rd movie...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2732366;
    We went to see it. It is good for a sequel. You know how in the first one you have to suspend the desire to say " that wouldn't happen" now and then? Well you REALLY have to switch into that mode in this one. Once you do that it is enjoyable and the humor is fun again too. Things just happen a little too easy once again like in the first one when he dug about 6 inches of snow poured a little water and viola' there was " the Charlotte" ! That sort of easy stuff happens a lot in this one.
    Yes, had to love the fact that they'd get a clue and Nic Cage had it solved in two seconds. Granted, he's a world-famous treasure hunter, but still.

bama...speaking of Ed Harris' blue eyes... I had to laugh at the scene where
    Click to see Spoiler:
    they had made it off of the balancing "rock" and were going through the dark tunnel and
    all you could see were Ed Harris' blue eyes. Love that man... love him!

What a fun movie! Please, people, go into the theater leaving a desire for 100% historical accuracy in the car and be prepared for anything. The details aren't too impossible, the action scenes are highly enjoyable, and an hour and a half with Ed Harris is easy on the eyes.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2732185;
    My son and I loved the movie!!! The theater was packed too!

The historical aspect was fascinating and the effects were great too!

Helen Mirren is in this movie and she plays Nick Cage's mom. The interaction between her and Jon Voight were hilarious! Ed Harris plays a good "mean" guy...on a completely sidenote-he has gorgeous blue eyes too! I'm also a big fan of Justin Bartha, who hysterically plays Riley! He's just as funny in this one and he was the 1st one!

They definitely left it open to have a 3rd movie too......

I'm not sure if this is nationwide but before the movie even started (and after they showed previews for upcoming movies), they had a Disney cartoon! A brand new Goofy cartoon and it was hilarious! The whole theater was laughing. It was about Goofy going to the store and purchasing the best and biggest TV screen and sound system! When it first started, people were looking around like they were in the wrong theater and my son even asked if we had walked into the wrong one! I told him that they use to do this way back in the "dark ages"...they would have a short cartoon before the main attraction!

I would definitely recommend "National Treasure 2"...
    This was great entertainment! The plot was a bit, shall we say, fantastic, but the action was fun and there were some good laughs. The Goofy cartoon was hilarious and I felt it faithfully recreated the ordeal of hooking up your entertainment system.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I loved the first one and was looking forward to this. Perhaps I will take the kids to see this. They will probably know the historical discrepancies, since they are all in school still so I will tell them not to even try to find real history.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

would i be able to enjoy without watching NT1? and where can i get cheap tickets in the nyc area

I still want to see this - and this weekend. I wanted to see it already, but just slow healling on the foot and getting around isn't fun. but I have to start somewhere. I'm walking around sans crutches fine, well, not perfectly, but good enough. its the darn nerves that are causing so much pain right now.
    Think I'll hit hubby up on scheduling this after we drop son off at the airport for his new years trip.

This is one I'm sure I'll get the dvd later on, but want to see in the theater.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2734063;
    would i be able to enjoy without watching NT1?
    I think so because it fills you in on what has happened with everyone since the last NT.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2735383;
    I still want to see this - and this weekend. I wanted to see it already, but just slow healling on the foot and getting around isn't fun. but I have to start somewhere. I'm walking around sans crutches fine, well, not perfectly, but good enough. its the darn nerves that are causing so much pain right now.
    Think I'll hit hubby up on scheduling this after we drop son off at the airport for his new years trip.

This is one I'm sure I'll get the dvd later on, but want to see in the theater.
    You should see it in the theater. It's going to be hard to feel the same excitement on a small tv screen. The cinematography and locations are too grand to just wait for the DVD.

Saw it and loved it, as expected.
    but will still get the dvd - I swear I watched the first one about 5 times in the last 2 months when it was on TV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast