+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: National Treasure 2

Re: National Treasure 2

I agree with you.... Some movies are mainly for entertainment purposes.. National Treasure does seem to fall into that category ... and that is why it is perfect for the holidays.. It's one of those movies that almost anyone can enjoy .. it combines humor and action.. and gives you an interesting story to keep your attention throughout the whole film....

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;2729827;
    I agree with you.... Some movies are mainly for entertainment purposes.. National Treasure does seem to fall into that category ... and that is why it is perfect for the holidays.. It's one of those movies that almost anyone can enjoy .. it combines humor and action.. and gives you an interesting story to keep your attention throughout the whole film....
    Just like my new TV fave "Chuck". Ahhhhh, wrong thread. Be done writer's strike! But just to make this relevant...can't wait to see what you all post after tomorrow! Or maybe you're like me, and will be trying to patiently wait until Christmas day....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I just bought mine & my son's tickets on Fandango for tomorrow night's showing! We're both excited!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2729985;
    I just bought mine & my son's tickets on Fandango for tomorrow night's showing! We're both excited!
    Can't wait for the review. Post as soon as you can.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Have fun! I can't wait to read all about it.

Enjoy!! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Please let us know what you think. I need to stop by AAA and get a 4-pack of discount tickets for my husband's stocking so he can "treat" us to this after Christmas!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2730800;
    Please let us know what you think. I need to stop by AAA and get a 4-pack of discount tickets for my husband's stocking so he can "treat" us to this after Christmas!!!
    I love giving tickets to my husband for stuff. It's a great gift for him and I get to go and enjoy it too. 2 for one gifts. Love 'em.

He's not getting any tickets this year though.

But Spamalot is going to be here in April and he and my daughter LOVE Monty Python, so they both may be getting tickets for their April birthdays. And I of course, get to go too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My son and I loved the movie!!! The theater was packed too!

The historical aspect was fascinating and the effects were great too!

Helen Mirren is in this movie and she plays Nick Cage's mom. The interaction between her and Jon Voight were hilarious! Ed Harris plays a good "mean" guy...on a completely sidenote-he has gorgeous blue eyes too! I'm also a big fan of Justin Bartha, who hysterically plays Riley! He's just as funny in this one and he was the 1st one!

They definitely left it open to have a 3rd movie too......

I'm not sure if this is nationwide but before the movie even started (and after they showed previews for upcoming movies), they had a Disney cartoon! A brand new Goofy cartoon and it was hilarious! The whole theater was laughing. It was about Goofy going to the store and purchasing the best and biggest TV screen and sound system! When it first started, people were looking around like they were in the wrong theater and my son even asked if we had walked into the wrong one! I told him that they use to do this way back in the "dark ages"...they would have a short cartoon before the main attraction!

I would definitely recommend "National Treasure 2"...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2732185;
    My son and I loved the movie!!! The theater was packed too!

The historical aspect was fascinating and the effects were great too!

Helen Mirren is in this movie and she plays Nick Cage's mom. The interaction between her and Jon Voight were hilarious! Ed Harris plays a good "mean" guy...on a completely sidenote-he has gorgeous blue eyes too! I'm also a big fan of Justin Bartha, who hysterically plays Riley! He's just as funny in this one and he was the 1st one!

They definitely left it open to have a 3rd movie too......

I'm not sure if this is nationwide but before the movie even started (and after they showed previews for upcoming movies), they had a Disney cartoon! A brand new Goofy cartoon and it was hilarious! The whole theater was laughing. It was about Goofy going to the store and purchasing the best and biggest TV screen and sound system! When it first started, people were looking around like they were in the wrong theater and my son even asked if we had walked into the wrong one! I told him that they use to do this way back in the "dark ages"...they would have a short cartoon before the main attraction!

I would definitely recommend "National Treasure 2"...
    Thanks for the great review Bama!!! I will definitely be in line Christmas day with the family to go see it!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast