+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: National Treasure 2

Re: National Treasure 2

Ooh, I did not know that Ed Harris is in this. That makes the movie even more compelling. I do own the first one and plan to buy this one. I completely agree with Nemesis that he is one the most underrated actors. I have never seen him give less than a excellent performance even in some films I haven't loved. I thought he was amazing in Apollo 13.

I'm with those who aren't overly fond of Nicholas Cage as an actor, but when he has a good script, he can give a good performance as in National Treasure 1 and, for me Moonstruck.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Yes I was excited to see that Ed Harris would be in this sequel but the rest of the cast is pretty impressive as well. Helen Mirren will also be in this as well the original cast of Diane Kruger, Jon Voight, Harvey Keitel, and Justin Bartha.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

There are some cool new behind the scenes videos on Movie Web..
    This one talks about the 18 missing pages that the movie's plot is based around:

VIDEO: National Treasure: Book of Secrets - Missing 18 Pages

Benjamin Franklin.

MRD

I didn't even know they were making a sequel. We loved the first one.

I hated Raising Arizona, but I did like the one he did with Cher. Moonlight or something like that. I either like him or hate him. Ghost Rider was stupid. But I've seen him in other stuff that I liked just can't remember any of them other than the Rock and that was good too.

Goes to show that having famous connections in Hollywood can just about guarantee you anything huh?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2685079;
    I didn't even know they were making a sequel. We loved the first one.

I hated Raising Arizona, but I did like the one he did with Cher. Moonlight or something like that. I either like him or hate him. Ghost Rider was stupid. But I've seen him in other stuff that I liked just can't remember any of them other than the Rock and that was good too.

Goes to show that having famous connections in Hollywood can just about guarantee you anything huh?
    Moonstruck!

I liked Con Air...my son loved him in Matchstick Men.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2685082;
    Moonstruck!

I liked Con Air...my son loved him in Matchstick Men.
    Yep, that was it. I liked Con Air too and Matchstick Men. My brain isn't working so I can't remember what he's been in. But I did like all of those.
    He's so monotone as an actor, which is why I think you either like or dislike him. He always appears to play a moody character.

The ONLY reason I stuck with Ghost Rider is I LOVE Sam Elliot. But Cage and the movie itself were stupid.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I think Cage has done such a variety of different movies so just because you don't like Ghost Rider does not mean you will not like some of his other movies.. I can say that I really did like his role in the first National Treasure... He plays the character that everyone loves.. super smart and witty and ready to save the world... one of the reasons the first one was so entertaining... I'm sure he will bring the same performance in the sequel..

Benjamin Franklin.

I have to say that I totally did not expect to like National Treasure very much when my hubby rented it and brought it home for us to watch. It's one of those movies that is much better than it's trailers and previews would indicate. That's possibly because it's a movie that you just can't get the feel for with only a few sound bites and selected moments in the trailers. It's one of those movies that builds and builds from beginning to middle to end and it's so much more than the sum of a few selected preview clips.

(Kind of the reverse of the movie Babel, for me... that movie's clips and previews seemed like it would be a good movie, but the preview clips were the only good parts of it, the rest was mind-numbingly painfully boring )
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I think its because you think Oh its just going to be a cheesy action movie but once you gave it a chance it surprises you because its funny and smart.. the characters are lovable and the plot sucks you in to the intricate world based on past presidents and artifacts.... it really is a nice surprise

Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;2692233;
    I think its because you think Oh its just going to be a cheesy action movie but once you gave it a chance it surprises you because its funny and smart.. the characters are lovable and the plot sucks you in to the intricate world based on past presidents and artifacts.... it really is a nice surprise
    In today's world of cookie-cutter and forgettable movies, forgive the pun, but it's a wonderful treasure to find a movie that actually surprises the viewer in a positive sense.

And yeah, Toby, I agree with you that National Treasure was a smart movie. As in the viewer actually had to use their wits and brains to keep up with the plot and what was happening. I'm so sick of movies where you may as well park your imagination and brain at home, because the moviemaker isn't clever enough to know that the viewer's brain is an integral tool for movie enjoyment. It's why I miss Hitchcock movies so much. But bravo! to the National Treasure people for getting that.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast