+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan In Real Life

Dan In Real Life

did anyone see this? and did you find it as roll on the floor funny and as awwwwwing sweet as I did? I saw it tonight, and thought it was the best movie Ive seen of the year...was I the only one that reacted that way?
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Dan In Real Life

I definitely want to see this....I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it too....Steve Carrell is so freakin' funny! I love him!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2633785;
    I definitely want to see this....I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it too....Steve Carrell is so freakin' funny! I love him!
    oh definitely watch it! it is a must see. Last year my favorite movie I saw in the theatre was "music and lyrics" and this is my favorite this year..so far.

its definitely different steve carrell though, he actually plays a normal person, and a lot of the humor is...implied..if thats the right word lol

really really good.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I've seen this and it was both funny and sweet... I loved Steve's performance !

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Newbie

I've been meaning to see this film .. I love Steve

FORT Fogey

I saw this movie yesterday, and loved it. It is incredibly well-written. As srs said, the comedy comes from things the audience can relate to, rather than jokes. It is written incredibly well to pull the audience in to be a part of the family. And it is definitely more of a family / parenting film than it is a love story.

I also LOVED the performances in it. They managed to pull some actors who are pretty well known for a certain style out of that style and into something new. As a result, Dane Cook who usually gets on my last nerve, was rather likable. And the three girls who played Carell's daughters were all outstanding.

I loved this movie! Steve and Dane singing "Let my Love open the Door" was one of the best scenes!

My boyfriend and I rented this not to long ago and we watched it and we bought thought that it could have been alot funnier then it was. Steve Carroll is a VERY funny guy, so is Dane Cook.
    I wouldn't mind seeing it again, but I wouldn't pay to go see it.

I don't think they intended to make this a dramedy and instead focused on keeping it more drama than comedy. I don't know how different it would have been with more comedy?

FORT Fanatic

I liked this movie and found it to have a lot of deeper stuff going on. I don't know if everyone would have picked up on, had they not been looking for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast