+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Outsourced

FORT Regular

Outsourced

Anyone else seen Outsourced? Saw it this weekend, I was pleasantly surprised. It’s about a guy who learns his job is being outsourced and that he has to train his replacement in India. I thought from the title it was going to be a list of stereotypes about outsourcing but it was actually filmed in India and definitely had some nuanced moments (the main character innocently introducing the “burger brander” to the Indian call center employees stands out).

FORT Regular

Re: Outsourced

I came here to see what people thought about this show. I was surprised at the lack of response. My review...I love it! I laugh a lot when I watch it... But then maybe this thread isn't even for the tv show...? (I just noticed it's in the Movies category)

Quote Originally Posted by katkitty;4095378;
    I came here to see what people thought about this show. I was surprised at the lack of response. My review...I love it! I laugh a lot when I watch it... But then maybe this thread isn't even for the tv show...? (I just noticed it's in the Movies category)
    It isn't - the show was based on the movie this thread relates to.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

And some of us just find the subject a little too close to home to see the humor in it.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

I've only watched a bit of the show, but it was enough for me to see that the movie is ten times better than the show. Sweet and funny and doesn't go for the cheep laughs like the sitcom. I don't think it's available on DVD at the moment, but it is available streaming on Netflix and you can find the DVD on ebay. It's definitely worth the effort
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread