+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Jim Broadbent has been cast as Horace Slughorn.

Broadbent on "Potter" & "Indy 4" (September 17th 2007)

Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

oh i think that will be a good choice, was wondering who was going to play him

i'm anxious to see lavender's casting as well

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

Helen McCrory has been cast in the role of Narcissa Malfoy. snickers - according to the article, there will be an announcement on who will play young Tom Riddle and Lavender Brown soon.

CBBC Newsround | UK | EXCLUSIVE: Narcissa cast in Potter 6

CCL

I read a while back that Tom Riddle was going to be played by Ralph Fiennes's nephew.
    The Fiennes family business is expanding. For the 11-year-old nephew of actor Ralph is, I hear, to star alongside his uncle in the next Harry Potter film.

Titan Tiffin is to be cast as Tom Riddle — the boy who becomes arch villain Lord Voldemort, who is played by Ralph.

Titan is the eldest son of Ralph's younger sister Martha, an award-winning film director, and Old Etonian George Tiffin, a novelist and film producer.

'Finding someone to play Tom Riddle was tricky, as he is a twisted and evil character,' I am told. 'But Titan fits the bill perfectly — and you can see he has inherited his uncle's abilities.'

Titan's other thespian uncle, Joseph, starred as the Bard in Shakespeare In Love.

David Yates, the director of Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, which is due out in November next year, tells me: 'I've found a really interesting kid to play Riddle. I can't tell you who it is yet — it's early days.
    Cherie and Tony go to the country | the Daily Mail
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fanatic

I really had Narcissa pictured differently. Much more of a reagal look. This actress was slated to play Bellatrix till she got pregnant. So I guess they picked her with the idea that she favors Helena B Carter but she is supposed to be really coldly beautiful and blonde.

I know bits and pieces of the cast have been posted but here's something with everyone's name:

Harry Potter's Half-Blood Cast Now Full - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Casting is complete on the next Harry Potter film to go into production. In addition to Dan the Man, Rupe and the Emster, gr'ups Helena Bonham Carter, David Bradley, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Tom Felton, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Natalia Tena, Julie Walters, David Thewlis, Evanna Lynch, Matthew Lewis and Bonnie Wright will all be back.

Coming on board for Half-Blood Prince are Jim Broadbent (as Potions Professor Horace Slughorn) and Helen McCrory as (Narcissa Malfoy). New rugrats include Jessie Cave (as Ron's honey, Lavender Brown), 9-year-old Hero Fiennes Tiffin as young Tom Riddle and Frank Dillane as the teen version.
    The Press Association: Lavender role cast for Potter film
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 11-17-2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: added another link

I didn't want to start a Deathly Hallows thread because it would be buried by the time the movie comes out so I thought I'd post this here. Also, currently the release date for HBP is Nov. 21 of this year.

Final 'Harry Potter' book to be split into 2 movies - CNN.com

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Harry Potter was the center of seven novels, but he'll star in eight films.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will be split into two movies with the first slated for November 2010.

The final book in the wildly successful series will be made into two films, the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.

Producers are expected to announce Thursday that J.K. Rowling's last "Potter" installment, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," will be split into two parts on the big screen. The first film is slated for release in November 2010, with part two following in May 2011.

"It was born out of purely creative reasons," producer David Heyman told the Times. "Unlike every other book, you cannot remove elements of this book."

The two final "Potter" films will be shot concurrently, much like the blockbuster trilogy based on J.R.R. Tolkien's epic fantasy novel "The Lord of the Rings."

Another famous Tolkien tome, "The Hobbit," is also being split into two live-action movies set for back-to-back shooting to begin next year.

Filming on the sixth "Potter" flick, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," began in September.

"It's been brilliant," said star Daniel Radcliffe. "It's also, I think, the funniest of the films so far."

The "Potter" film franchise has pulled in $4.5 billion at the worldwide box office.

Thanks for posting that info Archie! As a HP fan, I am SO thrilled to hear that they aren't going to try and condense the last movie into a miniscule 2 to 2.5 hours. I really thought OOTP lost a lot of important content because of the time restrictions!!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

i agree - love that they are doing two movies. there is really no part of the book to be cut out, especially with the previous movies being so disjointed. this way they will have plenty of time to tie all the loose ends together.

Honestly, I thought a lot of the "wandering in the woods" bits of Deathly Hallows could have been cut from the book, as well as from the movie to keep it at a reasonable time.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast