+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

thank you
    There's no place like home!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Really enjoyed it. Yes, parts of the book were omitted, but the important things were there: teenage romance angst, SNAPE at his finest, the death of a favorite character. Going to see it again on Friday with my hubby - and just started re-reading Deathly Hallows.

Thumbs up from me and the friend who went with me to see it.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Saw it today. It was okay. Not my favourite Harry Potter movie but it was my second favourite book behind Deathly Hallows. I felt a little let down at the end with so much cut out
    Click to see Spoiler:
    especially no battle after Dumbledore is killed and the ending from the book where Harry tells Ginny they can't be together
    . Maybe I'll go see it again and I'll like it better.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

FORT Fanatic

This is my biggest disappointment to date for the book to movie transition. Too much was cut, too much was changed and too many things left unanswered. I am having a love hate because I love the movies and books but this was a beautiful movie great fun good story but left sooo much out!

I would have thought by now they would relize HP fans would easily sit through three hours then buy extended version dvd's. There was no reason to change so much of what they did put in! Details matter, small but for instance Dumbledore wears half moon spectacles!! Harry's invisibility cloak is important! The horcruxes have meaning and they are important and should be thoroughly explained!!

oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3578769;
    This is my biggest disappointment to date for the book to movie transition. Too much was cut, too much was changed and too many things left unanswered. I am having a love hate because I love the movies and books but this was a beautiful movie great fun good story but left sooo much out!

I would have thought by now they would relize HP fans would easily sit through three hours then buy extended version dvd's. There was no reason to change so much of what they did put in! Details matter, small but for instance Dumbledore wears half moon spectacles!! Harry's invisibility cloak is important! The horcruxes have meaning and they are important and should be thoroughly explained!!

oh well
    I'd agree with that and hope that perhaps they did shoot more of the story that they will incorproate into the DVD collections. I bought the extended versions set of The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Each movie runs about four hours and that's fine with me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I have not seen the movie yet, but I am suprised I am not seeing the frenzy over this one as the ones in the past. Personally I think they waited too long to put this one out. Hopefully the next one(s) will be much quicker.

FORT Fanatic

Me too Florimel!! We love the extended version they did those movies great!

Im so excited about this movie..waiting 4 so long ...gonna watch it next week

For some reason I could not get through the book, kept putting it off. But went and watch it last night. I was very disappointed. I found it difficult to follow or understand why certain things happened. They did this with the last movie...cut out too many scenes from the book. But I will read the book and watch the movie again (on tv)
    Hopefully the next movie(s) will come out in a timely manner.

my favorite movie site, imdb, has Part 1 of the Deathly Hallows releasing on Nov. 19, 2010 and the second part July 15, 2011.

but we all know how the dates can change....
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread