+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

One of the many things I've loved about the Harry Potter films is the list of highly acclaimed British actors who have appeared in them. I watch a lot of British film and television and so many of these names are actors I know and admire.

What I hadn't realized and just found out while looking over the some of the cast lists is that Julianne Hough of Dancing With the Stars appeared as an unnamed Hogwart's schoolgirl in Sorceror's Stone. Did anyone catch that?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Got my ticket for Friday morning's show. Would've gone tonight, but I need my sleep having to take care of 2 little ones. I'm going to make sure to get there early so I can get a good seat.

Kiz

I just talked to my son on the cell...he and his friends are in their seats, waiting for the midnight show.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Well, I just got back from a midnight showing, and I must say that I thought it was really good. I felt as thought this was definitely one of the best adaptations when comparing it to the other movies in the series. And although it was long, it didn't feel that way because of the excellent pacing, story, and acting.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'll see it in 5 hours. Will probably be the longest 5 hours of my life!

(Oh, okay, in the interest of honesty - 5 hours of labor was probably longer. Maybe.)

My daughter and friends went to the midnight show. They went at 9:30 to stand in line. There was one group in front of them and two theaters, so they went to the one the others didn't and got their favorite seats (1st row, 2nd tier with a ledge to put feet/drinks). They had fun in line playing Uno, drawing lightning scars on each other with eye liner, making up spells with "wands" they had brought (sticks). She liked the movie, but one complaint... said they didn't explain the cave's importance at all. I asked a girl they went with who hadn't read the book if she was able to follow it and she said yes. I'll go in a day or two when the crowds have died down.
    Count your blessings!

My show will be starting in 4 hours and 56 minutes. Can you tell I can't wait?!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Without giving away anything can someone tell me if this movie covers the entire book or is the speculation correct about a part II movie?
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3575474;
    Without giving away anything can someone tell me if this movie covers the entire book or is the speculation correct about a part II movie?
    I haven't seen it yet, but as far as I've heard, the movie for book 6 is complete as is. It's book 7 (Deadly Gallows) that will be split into two movies.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Deathly Hallows will be 2 movies.
    I just came back from seeing this and all in all it was very good. There were some differences...okay, a LOT of differences between the movie and the book.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The whole thing in the beginning of the book with Dumbledore retrieving Harry from the Dursley's and having a conversation with them and telling Harry that he not only inherited Sirius's house but also his house-elf "Kreature" was taken out of the movie. Other scenes cut out of the movie were the whole hilarious scenes with the Weasleys and their being annoyed and almost disgusted that Bill was going to marry Fleur Delacor and Dumbledor's funeral at the end. Dobby was also not in the movie (he was in the book) and neither was Grawp or that blind as a bat professor that almost got fired by Umbridge in the last movie.
    Those are just a few of the differences. They are the ones that I kind of wish had been kept as is.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread