+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 116

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

  1. #51
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

    So glad to see other "oldies" who are really into the whole Harry Potter phenomenon. I just started the book/movie series last year & have been making a point of finishing each book right before I saw the corresponding movie.
    I can't wait another year or more for the last book, so it gets read right after I see the Half Blood Prince. After seeing the last one in IMAX, I want to see this one that way the first time too. Unfortunately, the nearest IMAX theater is a couple of hour drive, so opening night isn't a possibility.

    I also have become a fan of Alan Rickman, in fact, the casting of the whole movie series is superb. So many of them are so close to how I pictured them it's spooky. Even those who don't match as well physically play the parts to a T.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

  2. #52
    Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,072

    Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

    I did a search today on "Half-Blood Prince premiere" and found pictures of the cast entering the theatre in Leicester Square in London. There was one really HOT young man that I didn't recognize. I looked at the caption, and it was Neville Longbottom. He has gotten past his gawky stage and is drop-dead gorgeous. (I shouldn't say that, because he's the same age as my GRANDSON, but I'm just old . . . not blind!)


  3. #53
    FORT Fogey Gala62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Hopefully near a spa
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

    I saw the same pic of "Neville" - didn't recognize him at all. He's verrry good looking! Unfortunately Dan Radcliffe looked utterly ridiculous in a tan suit with a pinkish/red shirt. He does not have the looks to be effortlessly handsome; he needs good clothes, styling, lighting, etc. Emma looked pretty and Rupert looked the same as always. Bonnie Wright ("Ginny") looked very grown up and lovely.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

  4. #54
    Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,072

    Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

    Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3551588;
    I saw the same pic of "Neville" - didn't recognize him at all. He's verrry good looking! Unfortunately Dan Radcliffe looked utterly ridiculous in a tan suit with a pinkish/red shirt. He does not have the looks to be effortlessly handsome; he needs good clothes, styling, lighting, etc. Emma looked pretty and Rupert looked the same as always. Bonnie Wright ("Ginny") looked very grown up and lovely.
    ITA on everything you've said. Bonnie Wright was breathtaking. And it appeared that she's taller than Dan, so there may have to be some interesting camera angles for the filming of Deathly Hallows.

    It's been fun to see these kids grow up on film. I'll be very sad when it's all over.

  5. #55
    FORT Devotee Mike'sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    5,144

    Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3550265;
    So glad to see other "oldies" who are really into the whole Harry Potter phenomenon. I just started the book/movie series last year & have been making a point of finishing each book right before I saw the corresponding movie.
    I can't wait another year or more for the last book, so it gets read right after I see the Half Blood Prince. After seeing the last one in IMAX, I want to see this one that way the first time too. Unfortunately, the nearest IMAX theater is a couple of hour drive, so opening night isn't a possibility.

    I also have become a fan of Alan Rickman, in fact, the casting of the whole movie series is superb. So many of them are so close to how I pictured them it's spooky. Even those who don't match as well physically play the parts to a T.
    Hey, don't forget me in that group!!! Arielflies, I reread straight through all 7 books every year; and I agree what easy, addictive reading they are. I usually go through them all in 10 days (not reading full time, but leading an active life - for an oldies that is) The words easily fly by on each page, very well written.
    nilesgirl, I am with you counting down the days!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

  6. #56
    HBK fan nilesgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,764

    Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

    4 days, 2 hours and 29 minutes before my particular showing starts.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

  7. #57
    FORT Fogey Gala62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Hopefully near a spa
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3561807;
    Hey, don't forget me in that group!!! Arielflies, I reread straight through all 7 books every year; and I agree what easy, addictive reading they are. I usually go through them all in 10 days (not reading full time, but leading an active life - for an oldies that is) The words easily fly by on each page, very well written.
    nilesgirl, I am with you counting down the days!
    Another "middle-oldster" here who re-reads the whole series once a year or so.

    Can't wait for the movie!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

  8. #58
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,691

    Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3548643;
    About Alan Rickman - I've never been a big movie watcher, and had never seen him before Sorcerer's Stone. I eventually rented a BUNCH of his stuff on Netflix, and have come to totally adore him as an actor. Have any of you seen "Blow Dry" - it was really an interesting film.
    I've always felt that if Alan Rickman is in a film, it's a good reason to rent it. Yes, I did see Blow Dry. Thanks for reminding me; I think I'll rent it again in the near future. Also in the cast are Bill Nighy, Rachel Griffiths, Heidi Klum, Natasha Richardson, Rosemary Harris, and Josh Harnett, among others. Not a bad list, I think.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  9. #59
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    driving ballet carpool
    Posts
    465

    Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

    Loved Alan Rickman in Something the Lord made, and in Robin Hood he was great!!

  10. #60
    FORT Fogey Gala62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Hopefully near a spa
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

    Alan Rickman could sneeze and I'd pay money to see it!

    He is one of those wonderful versatile actors who can play both villains and heros equally well.

    One of my favorites is Love Actually, although Blow Dry is a wonderful gem.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.