+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

So glad to see other "oldies" who are really into the whole Harry Potter phenomenon. I just started the book/movie series last year & have been making a point of finishing each book right before I saw the corresponding movie.
    I can't wait another year or more for the last book, so it gets read right after I see the Half Blood Prince. After seeing the last one in IMAX, I want to see this one that way the first time too. Unfortunately, the nearest IMAX theater is a couple of hour drive, so opening night isn't a possibility.

I also have become a fan of Alan Rickman, in fact, the casting of the whole movie series is superb. So many of them are so close to how I pictured them it's spooky. Even those who don't match as well physically play the parts to a T.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

I did a search today on "Half-Blood Prince premiere" and found pictures of the cast entering the theatre in Leicester Square in London. There was one really HOT young man that I didn't recognize. I looked at the caption, and it was Neville Longbottom. He has gotten past his gawky stage and is drop-dead gorgeous. (I shouldn't say that, because he's the same age as my GRANDSON, but I'm just old . . . not blind!)

I saw the same pic of "Neville" - didn't recognize him at all. He's verrry good looking! Unfortunately Dan Radcliffe looked utterly ridiculous in a tan suit with a pinkish/red shirt. He does not have the looks to be effortlessly handsome; he needs good clothes, styling, lighting, etc. Emma looked pretty and Rupert looked the same as always. Bonnie Wright ("Ginny") looked very grown up and lovely.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3551588;
    I saw the same pic of "Neville" - didn't recognize him at all. He's verrry good looking! Unfortunately Dan Radcliffe looked utterly ridiculous in a tan suit with a pinkish/red shirt. He does not have the looks to be effortlessly handsome; he needs good clothes, styling, lighting, etc. Emma looked pretty and Rupert looked the same as always. Bonnie Wright ("Ginny") looked very grown up and lovely.
    ITA on everything you've said. Bonnie Wright was breathtaking. And it appeared that she's taller than Dan, so there may have to be some interesting camera angles for the filming of Deathly Hallows.

It's been fun to see these kids grow up on film. I'll be very sad when it's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3550265;
    So glad to see other "oldies" who are really into the whole Harry Potter phenomenon. I just started the book/movie series last year & have been making a point of finishing each book right before I saw the corresponding movie.
    I can't wait another year or more for the last book, so it gets read right after I see the Half Blood Prince. After seeing the last one in IMAX, I want to see this one that way the first time too. Unfortunately, the nearest IMAX theater is a couple of hour drive, so opening night isn't a possibility.

I also have become a fan of Alan Rickman, in fact, the casting of the whole movie series is superb. So many of them are so close to how I pictured them it's spooky. Even those who don't match as well physically play the parts to a T.
    Hey, don't forget me in that group!!! Arielflies, I reread straight through all 7 books every year; and I agree what easy, addictive reading they are. I usually go through them all in 10 days (not reading full time, but leading an active life - for an oldies that is) The words easily fly by on each page, very well written.
    nilesgirl, I am with you counting down the days!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

4 days, 2 hours and 29 minutes before my particular showing starts.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3561807;
    Hey, don't forget me in that group!!! Arielflies, I reread straight through all 7 books every year; and I agree what easy, addictive reading they are. I usually go through them all in 10 days (not reading full time, but leading an active life - for an oldies that is) The words easily fly by on each page, very well written.
    nilesgirl, I am with you counting down the days!
    Another "middle-oldster" here who re-reads the whole series once a year or so.

Can't wait for the movie!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3548643;
    About Alan Rickman - I've never been a big movie watcher, and had never seen him before Sorcerer's Stone. I eventually rented a BUNCH of his stuff on Netflix, and have come to totally adore him as an actor. Have any of you seen "Blow Dry" - it was really an interesting film.
    I've always felt that if Alan Rickman is in a film, it's a good reason to rent it. Yes, I did see Blow Dry. Thanks for reminding me; I think I'll rent it again in the near future. Also in the cast are Bill Nighy, Rachel Griffiths, Heidi Klum, Natasha Richardson, Rosemary Harris, and Josh Harnett, among others. Not a bad list, I think.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

Loved Alan Rickman in Something the Lord made, and in Robin Hood he was great!!

Alan Rickman could sneeze and I'd pay money to see it!

He is one of those wonderful versatile actors who can play both villains and heros equally well.

One of my favorites is Love Actually, although Blow Dry is a wonderful gem.

+ Reply to Thread