+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose;3148822;
    Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince trailers are online!

The movie comes out in November. Can't wait!
    Thx for posting the link, I've been waiting to see this trailer.
    I actually got chills watching it - I know, I'm such a dork
    It looks great, I can't wait till November!!!

I've watched it a few times....and I still get chills. I LOVE this story!
    Don't let the small things sweat

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My son showed the trailer to me last night....he was still awake at 2 a.m. and he came and woke me up to show me! We were both doing the .....I can't wait!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My son has watched the new trailer several times, but I haven't yet. He liked it, but was disappointed as part of it shows an "action" scene that was added for the movie. He says that it logically doesn't make sense with what happens in Book 7.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2848251;
    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2847136;
    I haven't read any of the books, merely watched the movies. I do love them, I just don't have the time to read those large books right now. Thanks CCL!
    You would be amazed how fast you can read "those large books". They are an "easy" read. I read the last one in two days and I have heard people say it took them even less...
    buglover, if you have time to listen to CDs in the car or at home, I'd highly recommend listening to Jim Dale read them. He does an excellent job and won all kinds of awards for his work on them. They are quite expensive, but we checked them out of our local library.

The kids and I had read all of the books, but we listened to them while we were waiting for Book 7.

There are many details in the first five books that the movies skipped that are brought out in Books 6 & 7, some very important to the storyline and some trivial.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I just saw the trailer today! LOVE IT! Now I'm getting really excited.

So cool that Ralph Fiennes' nephew is playing young Tom Riddle. He seems to have the intensity necessary to play the part. It must run in the family. Jim Broadbent will be awesome as Slughorn, although I always pictured him a little more, er, toady.

I don't they could have known at the time they cast her, but the girl who plays Ginny looks quite a bit like the actress who "plays" Harry's mother. She looked so young even in the last movie, but in the stills I've seen (and that little bit in the trailer) for this movie, she looks like she's matured a bit. Now we just have to hope she doesn't have a growth spurt and end up towering over Daniel Radcliffe!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks for the preview link. That gave me the chills. The atmosphere was properly creepy. Can't wait!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

WAH!
    Harry Potter and the Unexpected Summer Premiere

Natalie Finn Thu Aug 14, 12:07 PM ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) - He may have passed his O.W.L. exams, but Harry Potter is being held back.

Despite the recent Internet premiere of a certain highly anticipated trailer, Warner Bros. has announced that it's bumping the release date of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to next summer.

The film, originally slated to unspool Nov. 21, won't be bewitching us until July 17, 2009.

Not that the shake-up should give Hogwarts fans any reason to worry that this latest installment in the billion-dollar franchise isn't up to snuff—studio heads say this is purely an economic decision, based on the fact that Potter No. 6 is so darn magical.

"Our reasons for shifting Half-Blood Prince to summer are twofold," Warner Bros. president Alan Horn said Thursday. "We know the summer season is an ideal window for a family tent pole release, as proven by the success of our last Harry Potter film, which is the second-highest grossing film in the franchise, behind only the first installment."

Horn also admitted that even He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named wasn't immune to the industry-wide discomfort wrought by the writers' strike.

"Like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers' strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films—changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of."

Warner Bros. Motion Picture Group president Jeff Robinov also made a fine point: There will now be less of a wait between the sixth and seventh (and eighth) Potter films.The studio is eyeing respective summer releases in 2010 and 2011 for the two-part Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

The sixth book (and film) in J.K. Rowling's hit series focuses mainly on Harry and Dumbledore's search for the remaining horcruxes where Lord Voldemort has stashed his soul.

As the recently released trailer shows, a lot of the action will take place in flashbacks, featuring Hero Fiennes-Tiffin, Ralph Fiennes' nephew, as a young Damien-channeling Tom Riddle, who, as we all know, grew up to be the baddest wizard on the block.
    Harry Potter and the Unexpected Summer Premiere - Yahoo! News
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh no!! I was so excited about a Fall release and now they are pushing it back until next summer...how cruel can they be!?

CCL

Boo!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread